APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Yard Planner
- Ensure that yard operations are running at the level of productivity required to ensure service delivery by the terminal’s transportations flows, such as vessel, gate/rail & CFS operations.
- Provides strategic yard allocations to manage vessel and gate operations.
- Create and maintain yard allocation set up which supports the terminals productivity targets per quay crane operation & truck turn-times.
- Ensure 100%-yard inventory accuracy & integrity.
- Reduce redundant yard moves and optimize housekeeping efforts.
- Check and support an accurate and efficient information flow on the terminal related to all yard activities.
- In co-operation with yard strategist set the overall yard strategy.
- Control yard space allocation adherence for empty and full equipment.
- Monitor and fine-tune the yard allocations to ensure that yard planning is satisfactory and meets the strategy requirements.
- Prepare the yard work plan’ on a daily basis and communicate to relevant persons where the equipment must be located.
- Prepare the workflow related to housekeeping, empty movement, corrections etc.
- Provide the yard operation administration.
- Take the ownership of yard planning and strategy.
- Lively monitor all yard movements to ensure execution as planned.
- Act as a focal point for yard planning activities.
- Identify and solve problems and issues on a daily basis, usually of a moderate to highly complex nature.
- Track special units’ movement, safe segregation and movement in yard.
- Strictly follow IMDG segregation and to monitor DG units Yard location in every beginning and end of the shift. Prepare housekeeping immediately, report any exceptions to Shift Manager and HSE.
- Report problems and issues, especially issues of complexity or impact on the operation.
- The key impact of this incumbent will be the maintenance of operational efficiencies in the terminal. Responsibility for the execution of day-to-day operational activities.
We are looking for:
- High school diploma plus a college degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or related discipline.
- Requires at least 4 years of work experience in a container terminal, preferably with experience in Planning Controller, Cargo Controller, vessel planning or vessel operation execution
- Requires in depth knowledge of Yard Planning strategy, yard operation, Gate operation, terminal berth capability and the terminal berth plan process.
- Requires good knowledge of Yard and gate operation, berthing ships, control and traffic of vessel movements, re-berthing positioning of vessels, and marine berth handlings.
- Requires some knowledge with Marine AIS application systems
- Required good knowledge in TOS (Terminal Operating System) and its modules.
- Has familiarity with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Customer Centricity
- Lean Knowledge
- Problem Solver mindset
Application Closing Date
18th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online