World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023
Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023. The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
Latest World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023
Title: World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023
About the WBG Africa Fellowship Program
- The program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work.
- The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
- The program offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
- While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
- The Africa regions of the World Bank Group (WBG) announce the opening of the application period for the 2023 WBG Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Through the fellowship, we aim to build the capacity of the next generation of African change makers in development research, policymaking and promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
- To be considered you must be a Ph.D. candidate or recent graduate (within three years of Ph.D. completion) from Sub-Saharan Africa. See full eligibility criteria below.
Full Eligibility Criteria
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
If accepted, you will:
- Spend six months getting hands-on experience at WBG headquarters in Washington D.C. or a country office.
- Work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the WBG’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A shortlist of candidates will be made available for hire to the different units of the WBG depending on the applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
- The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status. Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January, 2023.
- Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university or institution.