Navitas is a leading global education provider that has helped generations of learners transform their lives through education. We create life-changing opportunities to learn by delivering an extensive range of educational services to over 70,000 aspirational students across our global network each year.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: West Africa Admin and Compliance Assistant
Job No.: 22.214.171.1243.14
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- The West Africa Admin and Compliance Assistance (WAACA) role is to enhance and increase the University of Portsmouth’s international profile, through timely processing of quality applicants whilst focussing upon increased conversion.
- The appointee will be a member of University of Portsmouth Global (UoP Global) team. UoP Global staff are responsible for promotion of the University and encouraging the best international students to study the university.
- Assisting the West Africa Regional Manager, the post holder will be responsible for engaging with key stakeholders in the student applicant journey.
- Act as the point of contact for application processing and forward complete assessment to Global Admissions for decisions, after ensuring that process is followed and complete journey to UoP for suitable candidates, via phone, digital and face to face contact.
- Conduct Credibility interviews for the applicants as per the tasks allotted by Global Admissions Team and West Africa Regional Manager.
- To share the relevant information through the transcripts and further recommend on the outcome
- Liaising with partner agents on specific student cases.
- Provide regular reports on applicant and enquirer feedback and conversion outcomes to the Senior Global Officer (Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Keeping up to date with UoP courses, compliance and application processes.
- Assist West Africa Team in obtaining any missing/additional documents from students and agents mandatory for assessment so that offer letter can be issued in a timely manner.
- Conduct follow up calls to students, parents and agents as per requirement.
- Produce reports as and when required in terms of status and student updates
- Respond to all email enquiries within 24 hours of receiving (excluding holiday/weekends)
- Contribute to the development of a respectful service culture of mutual support and continuous professional growth
- There are no direct reports to this position
Key Relationships to Position
Internal (within the University):
- Senior Global Officer (Sub-Saharan Africa),
- West Africa Regional Manager
- Global Admissions Team
- International Student Advice Team
- UKVI Compliance Team
- Other UoP colleagues as required
- ICP Recruitment and Admissions Team (Nigeria and UK)
External (outside the University):
- Government, including Visa Office
- High Schools
|1.||Specific Knowledge & Experience|
|Proven ability to work effectively in an internationally diversified team||E||AF, S|
|Work experience in an educational setting, preferably international student recruitment.||D||AF, S|
|Working knowledge of a CRM system such as Salesforce or SITS||D||AF, S|
|Experience in managing compliance||E|
|Understanding of international higher education compliance policies||D||AF, S|
|Understanding of issues related to the admission of overseas students||D||AF, S|
|Understanding of higher education issues||D||AF, S|
|Experience of living, working or studying overseas||D||AF, S|
|2.||Skills & Abilities|
|Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a variety of people, across levels and cultures||E||AF, S|
|Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral||E||AF,S|
|Highly motivated, working to, and exceeding, targets||E||AF, S|
|Ability to work independently and manage time in challenging environments||E||AF, S|
|Excellent organisational skills||E||AF, S|
|Successful track record of phone-based communications and customer service||E|
|IT skills including familiarity with word processing and database packages, email and web browsers||E||AF, S|
|Excellent attention to detail and an appreciation of the importance of accurate information to stakeholders and compliance with institutional and legal regulations||E||AF, S|
|Demonstrate innovative thinking and proactive work habits||E|
|Confidence in decision making||D||AF, S|
|Demonstrate proven ability of record keeping, management and sophisticated reporting|
|3.||Qualifications, Education & Training|
|Good UK honours degree (or equivalent)||E||AF|
|Approximately 2 to 3 years of work experience in Study Abroad or customer services, admissions or compliance||E|
|Cultural awareness and sensitivity||E||S|
|Stamina and resilience for travel and unsocial hours||E||S|
|Professional attitude, conduct and self-presentation||E||S|
|Demonstrable business / commercial awareness||D||S|
- Rating of attribute: E = Essential; D = Desirable
- Source of evidence: AF = Application Form; S = Selection Programme (Including Interview, Test, Presentation)
What we can offer you:
- Career progression and professional development pathways
- A strong, positive and values driven workplace culture
- Collegial and collaborative environment with a commitment to education
- Access to, and support from, a comprehensive and experienced sales and marketing workforce
- Mobility within the business and global locations.
- Health & Wellbeing initiatives for you and your family.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
- We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders and diverse community groups.
- Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.