The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Volunteer (Research the use of FOI in Nigeria)
Expected start date: Invalid Date
Sustainable Development Goal: Peace, Justice And Strong Institutions
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required: 1 – 5
Host entity: Noble Missions for Change Initiative
Duration: 12 weeks
Slot: 2 Openings
Mission and Objectives
- Noble Missions is a tech non-profit social enterprise based in Nigeria with support from volunteers all over the world . We deploy technology to realize the UN sustainable development goals (SDGs).
- Our vision is to see a world where technology is available and accessible to all citizens to foster sustainable development and reduce hunger. And our mission is using digital tools to advance education in Africa.
- It is the right of citizens to hold the government (those that have been elected by citizens) accountable. From time to time, a democratic government passes laws to make it easier for citizens to carry out their responsibilities and the FOI Act is one of such laws. And if well utilized, the government may be more concerned about doing what is right for its citizens.
- This is why are looking for two volunteers to support our team in researching how well this law has been maximized in Nigeria and be able to design programs to improve the usage of the law.
- Nigeria’s Freedom of Information (FOI) Act was signed into law on May 28, 2011.
- The core purpose is to make access to public records and information more freely available.
- But we are interested in knowing how well it has been used by citizens and how well have the government responded to its use?
The volunteers should be experienced in designing and implementing a research project. Other core skills include:
- Desk review
- Designing tools for data collection
- Data analysis, and
- Report writing.
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online