The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Volunteer (Belle by Choice Campaign)
Host Entity: African Girls Empowerment Network (AGE Network)
Duration: 5 weeks
Number of Assignment: 3
Sustainable Development Goal: 3. Good health and well-being
Expected Start Date: Invalid Date
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required?: 11 – 20
Description of assignment title: Volunteer for our Belle by Choice Campaign
Mission and Objectives:
- African Girls Empowerment Network (AGE Network) was established in October 2015 as a Charity/Community Based Group with the primary focus to end child marriage and advance gender equality in girls’ education, promote women’s good health, Leadership and economic inclusion in Africa for a Fairer Future.
- In September 8, 2016, the Company registered with Corporate Affairs Commission Nigeria (CAC), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and attained a status of 501[c] non-profit organization with Tax Identification Number and certified as a Designated Non-Financial Institution (DNFI) by Special Control Unit against Money Laundering an arm of Economic and Financial Crime Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Our Mission: To empower, support and protect the human rights of African women and girls for our generation and most importantly the generations next.
- Our Vision: Our Vision is to be Africa’s No.1 women and girls’ capacity development and economic empowerment hub, a platform through which Gender Equality will be attained in Africa.
- All successful candidates with hands-on experience on video/audio editing, graphics design with good knowledge of canva to design flyers, brochures, power-point presentation slides, infographics and creating strong and creative social media content
- All candidates will join and work with our Social Media Design/Editing Team
- We are in need of passionate and professionals online volunteers who are experienced in:
- Video and Audio editing
- Graphics Design (ability to use canva in designing flyers, brochures, infographics, power-point slides)
- Creating strong social media contents
- The volunteers will work with our social media team to create contents and share across all our social media platforms to promote the #BellebyChoice Campaign and increase young women and adolescent girls access to SRHR services.
- Must be skilled in video and audio editing
- Must be good in using social media platforms to create social media content
- Must be proficient with graphic designs including the ability to use canva for flyer designs, infographics, and power point presentation slides
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.