Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Utility Technician
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Workshop Supervisor
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for optimal performance of utility equipment and machinery. Operate, repair, maintain and adjust boilers, generators, electricity, pumps, compressors, water lines, steam lines, valves, and all related utility systems and equipment.
- Perform frequent inspection checks and regular maintenance on boiler systems and water softeners, generators, electricity, pumps, compressors, water treatment plant, water lines, steam lines, valves, and all related utility machines and equipment.
- Repair/replace defective machines, valves, gauges and other equipment’s parts as needed.
- Update hourly, daily or as case may be for all required systems, tests, results etc. to be monitored.
- Properly document every maintenance, repair session and provide reports.
- Develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of personnel, machines and avoid potential safety hazards.
- Good understanding of sensors, reading and interpreting electrical and electronic circuit diagrams.
- Development, implementation and review of maintenance schedules – daily, weekly, monthly & annually to eliminate equipment breakdown and downtime in plants.
- Implement approved technical projects, re-design, modifications, installation of new plants and equipment and commissioning in line with global standards.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Identify areas of improvement, innovation and implement approved request to improve productivity and efficiency.
Education and Experience:
- Trade test, NABTEB, OND or related qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 2 – 3 years’ of experience in a reputable manufacturing/production company with hands-on experience in welding, fitting, machining and general mechanical functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Basic knowledge of spare parts and relationship with equipment
- Excellent analytical and numerate skills
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent team spirit
- Physical and mental alertness
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online