Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: User Policy Strategist
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Department: Compliance & Risk
- The User Policy team at Flutterwave is responsible for assessing, developing and enforcing policies that govern the use of our products and services users, as well as, establishing internal decision making structures that enable us to ensure the integrity of our payments ecosystem.
- User Policy Strategists will work with cross functional teams including product, engineering, risk strategy, risk partnerships, fraud, compliance, expansion and growth to define the the guardrails that ensures Flutterwave is setting the foundation for how digital payments are able to be used across the regions in which we operate.
In this role you will:
- Understand the financial partner, card network and regulatory requirements around each of Flutterwave’s products.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Engineering, Compliance, User Policy, Risk Partnerships, Legal, etc) to evaluate the user policy requirements of new products being developed.
- Design policy frameworks for new or existing products, merchant categories, and users.
- Evaluate existing terms of service to ensure they are aligned with our risk management strategies, controls, and partner requirements.
- Think innovatively about undefined use cases around payments.
- Determine internal policies around onboarding and offboarding of merchants or users.
- Work with the Transaction Monitoring, compliance and fraud teams to ensure our policies translate into controls and operationalize enforcement processes.
- Articulate to senior management the impact of the policies you developed to ensure alignment with leadership.
- Resolve product or financial partner roadblocks through thoughtful policies that drive confidence in Flutterwave’s risk management function.
Required Competencies and Skillset to be a Waver
- 7+ years experience in payments at a card network, an acquiring bank or related payments technology company.
- Demonstrable proficiency in risk, fraud, trust & safety.
- Experience developing policies that govern user behavior.
- Strong project management skills.
- Solutions based mindset when working cross functionally across various stakeholders.
- Negotiating with product, engineering, sales and legal to ensure alignment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online