Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: User Operations Specialist (Fraud Operations)
About the Role
- Paystack processes payments for thousands of businesses across Africa that receive hundreds of thousands of payments daily. Despite these payments being duly authenticated and passed through fraud prevention checks, bad actors are sometimes able to make fraudulent payments through social engineering.
- This is where the User Operations Specialists in the Fraud Operations team come in. The Fraud Operations team serves as an intermediary between law enforcement, financial institutions, and the business that received the payment. We provide information required to investigate the fraudulent actor and work with the business to reverse payments where possible. Beyond this, we also provide valuable insight to our Product and Engineering teams to improve fraud systems.
- We’re able to do this by hiring smart, empathetic problem-solvers, and giving them custom tools that empowers them to accelerate growth for Paystack merchants.
What is the Scope of Responsibilities?
- As a member of the Fraud Operations team, you’ll lead a team of outsourced support agents to provide quick and helpful responses to law enforcement, banks and other payment processing partners who reach out regarding fraudulent payments.
- You’ll work with the Integrations and Key Accounts teams to advise merchants on how to design their products to minimize fraud. You’ll also educate merchants through our self-serve Help Center documentation, webinars and one-on-one interactions to ensure they’re operating according to best practice, and are collecting the right KYC information of customers for investigating reported fraudulent payments.
- We’re looking for someone passionate about fighting fraud, and who enjoys the puzzle of adapting to the ever-changing nature of fraud on the internet to help us make payments safer. If you believe this is you, we would love to partner with you to make this happen.
- There has never been a better time to join Paystack. We’re building the financial technology rails that thousands of businesses across several countries rely on to drive growth, and as a member of the User Ops team, you’ll ensure a high level of operational efficiency that keeps us worthy of their trust.
- This is a full-time role, and you’ll report directly to the Customer Success Manager, Dispute Operations. The successful candidate will ideally be physically located within the GMT -1 to GMT +1 timezones. If you’re based outside Nigeria, the role will require occasional travel to Lagos, Nigeria at least four times a year, when it’s safer to travel.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with our Business Process Outsourcing partners to ensure that fraud reports are attended to within our set SLA
- Provide email and phone support to partners for any fraud related issues
- Manage the refunds process end-to-end and ensure all refunds are initiated and completed
- Review and handle requests escalated by other teams within Paystack to the Disputes team.
- Notice when patterns deviate significantly from the norm, and then investigate and escalate as appropriate.
- Use data analytics tools such as Excel and SQL to analyse our fraud data, and share trends and insights with the rest of the company
- Monitor transactions to spot fraudulent patterns and work with the Fraud analyst to review and engage merchants and partners.
- Educate merchants and partners about the dispute tools available to improve their disputes experience.
- Represent Paystack at self-hosted and external events.
You’ll thrive as Paystack’s User Ops Specialist (Fraud Operations) if you:
- Have 2+ years working experience in a dispute resolution role
- Have a solid understanding of card network rules, chargeback concepts and processes, and best practices regarding dispute resolution
- Are an excellent writer and speaker of English, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain, compelling language
- Have an endless capacity for patience and calm, even when everyone around you is freaking out
- Embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, their customers and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- Are a strong problem solver. You genuinely enjoy getting into the weeds of customers’ issues and finding both short and long term solution to problems
- Are observant, paying attention to how the product and process works and proactively flagging and fixing issues where necessary
- Have excellent analytical skills. You’re able to interpret data and use information to make decisions.
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2021 at 11:59 PM WAT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- Click the Apply Now button to go to the application form, and answer the application question.
- In your cover letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.