University Librarian at Adamawa State University: Applications are invited for University Librarian at Adamawa State University. Adamawa State University is located in Mubi, in the Northern Senatorial District of Adamawa State, Nigeria. It was established in 2002 by the Adamawa State University Law No. 10 of 2001. The title caption of the university is “Towards ensuring rapid development and transformation of the State”. Since it was established, the Institution has been striving to meet the stated goal of providing “Education for Development”. However, the University is concerned with its commitment to the immediate environment, mindful of our position as a tertiary institution of learning with universal responsibilities.
The Governing Council of Adamawa State University, Mubi, in accordance with the provisions of Adamawa State University Law No. 16 of 2020, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates with experience in University administration to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Librarian is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University Library and
shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for day-to-day administration and coordination of all Library services in the University.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must be a Deputy Librarian and/or equivalent.
- A First Degree plus a higher Degree in Library Science from a recognized University,
- Applicants must have had at least fifteen (15) years of post-qualification experience, ten (10) years must have been in University administration.
- Applicants must be of sound physical and mental health.
- Applicants must be persons of high integrity and unquestionable character
- Applicants must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years only.
- Eligible candidates should not be more than 55 years old at the time of assumption of office.
Condition of Service
Salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of University Librarian in Nigerian Universities.
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, with names and addresses of three (3) referees in sealed envelopes, marked at the top left corner “Application for the post of Bursar” and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Adamawa State University,
P.M.B 25, Mubi,
- Referees should be requested to forward their referee’s report to the Registrar under confidential cover.
- Applications and referee reports should reach the above address not later than the application closing date.