Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager, Home Care
Job ID: R-33862
- Mainly responsible for the deployment and execution of category marketing plans across multiple platforms.
- Manage and grow Home Care category through category-driven activation, renovation of current core portfolio and brilliant implementation of NPD platforms
- Achieve category share and profitable NPS/profit growth targets through translation of category & marketing plans into market-implementation and customer plans (with potential for tailor-made activities).
- Champion the consumer needs and category passion within the overall business
- Champion competitive behaviour and mindset throughout the business and translate it into targeted marketing activities to grow category share
- Deliver market and customer-knowledge driven input into innovation platform projects and category planning to ensure requirements of brands will be met in the future.
- Lead market implementation of those platforms and develop world-class activation mix.
- Development of a share-growth-oriented marketing & category plan that seizes opportunities in product renovation, pricing strategy, competitor activities, customer/channel (e.g. convenience format, discounter) specific needs
- Represent product (insights), category strategy and product quality requirements on the cross-functional discounter team
- Develop & lead implementation of activation platforms and ideas based on the category vision plan and work with agencies for RM, PR, BTL deliverables for the category.
- Translate marketing & category plan into a business framework and optimise commercial opportunities (identify threats). Feed into monthly and annual planning processes.
- Develop and implement 12-18 month portfolio roadmap including product range & quality, brand build, value delivery for consumers, pricing & affordability, range extension.
- Pro-actively feed market, category and customer requirements into platform innovation projects
- Champion optimal launch of innovation platform
- Work with communication team to ensure single minded communication message is created in line with the category building communication plan, consistent with category needs.
- Monitor and review effectiveness of innovation and renovation programme to inform future plans. Ensure continued focus on and support of innovation platforms once launched.
Critical success Factors for the Job
Relevant Experience (Essential):
- Four (4) to (6) six years relevant experience in category management in a Fast-Moving-Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment.
- Business Management and Category development experience will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Business Financial with the view of growing profitable brands.
Key Competencies (SOL’s):
- Purpose & Service
- Personal Mastery
- Business Acumen
- Talent Catalyst
- Consumer Love
- Passion for High Performance.
- Show Empathy & Curiosity
- Generate Powerful Insight
- Transform Data Into Action
- Craft and Champion Purposeful Brands
- Create Focused Growth Strategies and Plan
- Generate Breakthrough Ideas
- Design & Nurture Exceptional Product Experiences
- Lead & Inspire Bold Creative Work
- Create Agile Integrated Engagement Plans
- Executive Flawlessly, Track & Optimize.
Other Functional Skills:
- Category Management
- Information Management
- Business strategy and formulation
- Business Planning and implementation
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Commercial Acumen.
Internal Stakeholders the role interface with:
- Category Leads
- CD Director
- Brand Managers and Assistants
- Key Account Managers
- Channel & Category Development Managers
- CCM & CMI
- Supply Chain
- MIS Manager
- R & D
- Regulatory Affairs
External Stakeholders the role interface with:
- Brand Agencies
- Media Agencies
- Pack Design
- Marketing Research Agencies
- Public Relation Consultancy as required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online