Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Twitter EMEA Public Policy Fellowship 2022 for Young Professionals: The Public Policy Fellowship is a nine-month program that strives to prepare new professionals for policy careers at Twitter. It provides an opportunity to learn about, help with, and influence Twitter’s approach to public policy challenges and opportunities across the world. During their tenure, fellows will gain direct experience by supporting substantive projects. They will also benefit from programming, mentorship, and education designed to drive their professional development.
Note: This is a contract role with tentative start/end dates as follows: April 2022 – December 2022.
What you will do:
Public Policy Fellows will have the opportunity to support one of the team’s three pillars. Placements will be based on business need as well as the fellows’ skills and interests. All fellows can expect to work with stakeholders. Additionally, there may be opportunities to work across all three areas during the nine-month fellowship:
- @Policy Fellows will advance objectives related to government engagement, elections, and platform policies.
- @Gov Fellows will perform work related to Twitter civic engagement and partnerships.
- @TwitterForGood Fellows will support our social impact work at the team and company levels.
Qualifications For Twitter EMEA Public Policy Fellowship 2022 for Young Professionals
- Fellows must be current graduate students or recent graduates affiliated with a university within the last two years studying an area relevant to Twitter’s policy objectives. Examples include, but are not limited to: Public Policy, Policy Administration, Foreign Policy, International Affairs, Communications, Non-Profit Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Law
- Availability and capacity to work full-time in a globally distributed, virtual environment
- Fluency in English required (both written and verbal)
- General knowledge of and interest in policy, politics, and regulation important to Twitter and the tech sector
- Proven analytical, writing, research, and communication skills
- Sound judgment, integrity, and attention to detail
- Curiosity about Twitter and its role in the social and political landscape and ideally, proficiency on the platform
A few things that we value:
- Exercising empathy, including respect for work/life balance and boundaries
- Earning and maintaining trust with each other, as well as key partners
- Critical thinking and planning, allowing for effective collaboration and measurable impact
- Confidence and courage to drive toward solutions that are in Twitter’s best interest
- Diversity to make our organization and teams better and stronger – we value a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and experiences!
Proposed Program Timeline (subject to change)
- February 7 – 16: Application Window
- February 21 – March 7: Interviews
- April 18: Target start date for fellows based in the Americas (US, Canada, and Latin America)
- April 25: Target start date for fellows based in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) and JAPAC (Japan, Asia, and the Pacific)
- December 22: Fellowship concludes
How to Apply For Twitter EMEA Public Policy Fellowship 2022 for Young Professionals
Applicants must submit 1-2 paragraphs (in English) on their resume describing their interest in this Fellowship Program and pillar preference (@Policy, @Gov, @TwitterForGood) in rank order. We’d love to know where you believe you’d make the most impact!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.