Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Turner – Lathe Machine Operator
Reference ID: Mines-Obajana-009
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for operating Heavy Earth Moving Machinery in a safe and effective manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting and Mechanical problem-solving
- Reading of tape measure, verify dimensions, use a straightedge and other measuring devices.
- Have the knowledge of machine drawings, fit, and tolerances.
- To Operate lifting devices.
- Operate all Lathe machines in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks of machinery.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure all heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Participate in routine maintenance of Heavy Earth Moving Machinery.
- Recommend any requirements for maintenance or repairs to the Shift Coordinator.
- Practice workplace safety.
- National Diploma or Trade Test with a minimum of ten (10) years experience in the Operation of Lathe Machines.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Must be able to communicate both written and oral as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing for demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to lift and handle components weighing up to 50 Kgs.
- Must be able to work with others, as some tasks require two individuals.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision.
- Private Health Insurance
- Training & Development
- Paid Time Off.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online