SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Triconex Specialist
Contract type: Permanent contract
Contractual hours: Full-time
Contract duration: 18 months
Area Activity: Information & Communications Technology Services
- Ensure that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility.
- Maintain, operate and perform routine tasks on the Process Safety System (PSS), Fire and Gas System (FGS) and Emergency Shutdown System (ESD) of the Triconex Safety Instrumented System.
- Apply and manage maintenance inhibitions in the systems as requested, directed and controlled by Company rules and procedures. Register and maintain all such inhibitions on the AKPO Inhibition Tool database as par COMPANY rules.
- Prepare with the ICSS Administrator preventive and corrective actions and modifications of the Control Systems under his responsibility.
- Manage and document in technical reports, interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team.
- Follow up the parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems under his responsibility and perform trouble shooting if required.
- Maintain an accurate and auditable log of all system faults and inhibits (Short term and long term).
- Take part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE.
- Identify, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any sensitive operation and ensure that a proper assessment of the risks involved is carried out beforehand.
- Identify recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyse them and suggest improvements, as well as problems related to availability, quality and obsolescence of spare parts.
- Track any backlog of work in area of responsibility and suggest corrective measures to COMPANY and CONTRACTOR to improve the management of the backlog.
- Review and assure that all Software Modifications and corrective actions are validated by Company and all impacted documentations are updated after implementation.
- Perform further tasks in the future within the limit of the AKPO SII as may be defined by Company.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- National Diploma or Certificate (ND / NC) or A-levels + 3 years further study or BTS / DUT or equivalent,
- 6 years’ experience in the field of Control and Safety Systems and a minimum of 3 years as a Specialist in Control and Safety systems in the Oil and Gas / Petrochemical industry.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas treatment process, installations and equipment.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Schneider’s Triconex Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Knowledge of general instrumentation concepts, field devices (sensors and final elements), instrument loops, etc.
- Awareness of Emerson’s DeltaV Process Control System, Siemens’ SIMATIC Industrial Automation Systems and Allen Bradley’s ControlLogix System is an added advantage.
- Awareness of SAP CMIMS or similar
- Awareness of Operator Training Simulators.
- Possession of good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English language is required and knowledge of French language is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online