United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TM, Industial Relations & Work Ethics
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
- To ensure industrial harmony and achieve a disciplinary process that confirms with the basic tenets of justice and enables the bank maintain operational discipline against the backdrop of the policies of the bank.
Disciplinary Process & Consequence Management:
- Review reports of wrongdoings from different parts of the bank
- Intermediate where necessary and sanction staff where infraction is established
- Review reports for Disciplinary Committee and send to the relevant parties
- Organise logistics for Disciplinary Committee sitting
- Circulate reports Disciplinary Committee members
- Help in taking minute of Disciplinary Committee
- Circulate minute of DC for approval
- Implement Disciplinary Committee decisions/recommendations
- Update staff file and units records
- Disseminate Disciplinary Committee learning points via HR Xfactor.
- Help in managing ASSBIFI, NUBIFIE and NUP
- Help in coordinating occasional meetings with the different unions
- Help in updating ASSBIFI / NUBIFIE on emerging directions of the Bank as it affects the staff
- Help in reviewing list of active pensioners
- Help in sending list of active pensioners to ARM for processing of pension payments
- Liaise with expense management to process ex-gratia pension payment on the pay day of every month.
Active and Ex-staff Issues (Appeal):
- Receive and review complaints / petitions from active / ex-staff
- Send an acknowledgement letter to the complainant
- Review the staff records vis-à-vis complaints/petitions
- Liaise with responsible officers and units for resolution
- Seek Management’s approval for HCM’s recommendation based on agreed resolution as may be necessary (if required)
- Advice complainant of the outcome of their complaint /petition
- Update complaint schedule and staff records.
- Identify and collate staff disengaged from the bank on the grounds of fraud and forgeries
- Prepare a schedule indicating the data for the period under review.
- Forward to Chief Inspector for review
- Forward to Group Head, Human Resources for concurrence
- Forward to GMD/CEO for sign-off
- Forward the hard copy of the schedule to Investigations Unit for onward delivery to CBN in compliance with their circular
- Forward the soft copy of the schedule to regulatory reporting for onward delivery to CBN
- Save soft copy of the report on the shared folder while copy of the signed report is file.
Sanction Consequence on Payroll / Appraisals:
- Download list of suspensions bank-wide on monthly basis prior to pay day.
- Review the list and align with the necessary requirement for payroll input and send to payroll unit for salary payment purpose.
- Download list of all sanctions bank-wide.
- Review the list of all sanction downloaded and sent to Performance.
- Management with applicable appraisal impacts for appraisal purpose on Bi-annually / yearly basis.
- Receive report from legal department on ex-staff’s statement of claims
- Review the ex-staff’s records and provide necessary information to legal
- Make court appearance as witness for the bank on designated court date
- Get feedback from legal on the final outcome of the case in court
- Work in conjunction with compensation to advise the total staff benefits where decisions are favourable to the ex-staff and compensations are awarded
- Forward advised benefits to legal to enable them obtain the necessary management approval
- Update staff/ex-staff records.
Requirements / Educational Qualification
The ideal candidate must be conversant with the following:
- Minimum of a First Degree (or its equivalent) in any Social Sciences Discipline.
- HR best practices
- In-depth knowledge of the Bank’s HR policies.
- 1 – 2 years experience in Human Resources Management.
- Customer service
- Personal effectiveness
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer appreciation / data entry (word- processing/Spreadsheet/graphics)
- Communication (oral & written).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online