Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist (Business Applications)
Job Number: 1039941
Travel: 25-50 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full Time
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means?
- At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples’ lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
- Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join a team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
- The reinvention of business processes is a growth engine for Microsoft cloud services. The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
- Are you ready to join a double-digit growth cloud business? Microsoft Business Applications cloud is recognized by analysts as a leader in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Relationship Management (ERP) and application platform space.
- Trusted by global businesses as their platform of choice, Microsoft Business Applications uniquely enables customers to optimize their operations, engage their customers, empower their people and transform their products.
- It’s a new data-driven world, and Microsoft is the only platform built from the ground up with data and intelligence at the center. Microsoft Business Application solutions include virtually unlimited data sources from customers’ applications including legacy, first and third-party, vendor, customer and many more.
- This unified approach to data and intelligence enables customers to make informed proactive business decisions with deep insights powered by artificial intelligence and industry-leading analytics (Power BI) resulting in the following key customer benefits:
- Create impact faster: Deliver more impact in less time by quickly deploying solutions, or augmenting existing ones, to enable teams to accelerate business results and increase time to value.
- Break through barriers: Take a data-first approach with unified data that leverages Microsoft AI to deliver insights & actions that help create better customer experiences.
- Adapt to anything: agility to react and respond to new business priorities, market conditions and customer opportunities with rapidly deployable solutions.
- Innovate everywhere: Solve problems with powerful solutions only possible with the Microsoft Cloud enabling interoperable solutions across multiple lines of business.
- Microsoft Business Applications is uniquely positioned as the worldwide leader in enterprise solutions differentiated by our data-first and artificial intelligence-driven platform that can leverage an unlimited number of customer data sources.
- The Technical Specialist role is the ideal place to leverage your passion for being a member of a dynamic sales team that is bringing true digital transformation to customers.
- You will be a technically intense workload expert within the Microsoft enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You play a key role in the total sales cycle by helping them with their end-to-end business transformation needs through envisioning, designing and demonstrating solutions mapped to business value within the area of your workload expertise.
- Executing with excellence you will collaborate across the sales opportunity journey with the Business Applications sales team, Microsoft partners and ISVs, other Technical Specialists and our Customer Success team.
To excel in the Technical Specialist role you must have the following traits and abilities:
- Technically Intense Workload Expert – Deep functional, technical and process-level knowledge and extensive demonstration experience in your workload.
- Strategic & Proactive Pursuit Team Member – Strategic thinker with proactive engagement throughout the pursuit sales cycle; removes blockers, challenges the status quo, unblocks design/technical stalemates, brings clarity from ambiguity displaying a growth mindset.
- Technical Team Collaborator – Collaborates with a pursuit team of technically intense workload experts including Technical Specialists with expertise other than yours, co-sell partners and Independent Software Vendors to design and demonstrate a solution that maps business value with the end-to-end business transformation needs of the customer.
- Customer-centric Solution Designer – Employs Design Thinking principles centered on customer business outcomes.
- Differentiated & Business Value/Outcome-driven Demonstrator – Expert in demonstrating solution capabilities and associated business value addressing customer business decision maker persona needs/pains. Demonstrates differentiation and the value of Business Applications workload solutions.
- The Technical Specialist is a key member of the Business Applications sales pursuit team and is a strategic thinker, proactive problem solver, sales & technical roadblock resolver displaying a growth mindset with deep functional and technical knowledge in the workload.
- The following are the role responsibilities for the Microsoft Business Applications Technical Specialist:
Assist Business Applications Sales Executive in RFP Response and in Envisioning Solution:
- Assist Business Applications Sales Executive in delivering compelling RFP/RFI response, in envisioning solution using ISV components, by assembling and collaborating with a technical pursuit team that includes partner and ISV resources.
Design Customer-centric Solution Aligned with Envisioned Solution & Business Value:
- Secure a customer agreement to a Solution Design built with alignment to the customer-agreed digital transformation journey by partnering with the technical pursuit team ensuring alignment to envisioned solution and business value.
Deliver a Customer-centric Demonstration:
- Receive a standing ovation by delivering a compelling solution demonstration emphasizing business value aligned to the designed solution.
- Ensure demonstration follows Tell-Show-Vision model and has an end-to-end view building opportunities for seeding and expansion after initial sale.
Work with Customer Success/Partner Team on Deployment Plan:
- Assist Business Applications Sales Executive (if required) in reviewing licensing proposal. Collaborate with Customer Success team and Partner to ensure the customer agreed deployment plan maps to Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Minimum of 3-5+ years’ of applicable workload expertise with one or more of the following: technical presales, postsales consulting or relevant company/customer IT application implementation or management
- Driving and designing a solution strategy as part of the overall opportunity lifecycle
- Extensive collaboration with technical pursuit teams designing cloud-based customer solutions
- Success working with customers/stakeholders in presales or consulting engagements related to business applications workloads
- Proven success demonstrating differentiated solution value and competitive advantage
- Delivering customer-facing technical workload demonstrations to enterprise decision makers
- Desirable but not required – workload certifications / degrees.
Deep understanding of:
- Business solutions (CRM/ERP) workload expertise in one or more of the following: Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Retail/Commerce and/or Finance and how these solutions help customers achieve their desired business outcomes
- Business value selling methodologies and practices mapped to customer persona pains/issues to uncover customer’s stated and unstated needs
- Commercial cloud offerings, ideally Microsoft’s cloud platform, as well as competitive knowledge of other business applications solutions and related ecosystems.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills across various customer stakeholders; experienced storyteller.
- Customer-centric mindset with demonstrated passion for delivering customer value
- Ability to bring innovative technical solution ideas to customer problems
- Experienced problem solver able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset, insatiably curious, always learning and welcoming of challenges for the opportunity to grow.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Your Onboarding Process
- Microsoft provides extensive world class onboarding & readiness designed to help you extend your existing technical workload skills with Microsoft Business Application product knowledge.
- You’ll attend an in-depth onboarding program designed to help you become a technical expert in your Business Applications workload.
- Our onboarding program will give you the knowledge and resources necessary to deliver successful customer solution designs and presentations as you start your exciting next career step at Microsoft
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.