Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Health Informatics
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Technical Officer-Health Informatics will be responsible for the development and implementation and supervision of all AHNI’s Electronic Information Systems at the State Offices, provide technical assistance for the design and content development for electronic information systems (LAMIS, DHIS, GIS and any other AHNi package or database tools) used for M&E operations.
- S/He will assist the software programming Team in developing actual logic statements for the coding of M&E indicators and software business rules where necessary and check that all software development is done according to already established standards and procedures.
- S/He will also support on-site implementation of solutions and capacity building of users on the packages, assist in the developing of software and database tools and ensure that developed tools meet the intended reporting and data output requirements for both internal use, donors, GoN and other Stakeholders.
Minimum Requirement Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or other relevant field with 2-5 years’ experience in software development, DHIS 2 configuration,
- MB.BS / MPH / MSc or similar degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, General Statistics or Biostatistics, Health Informatics and/or Management or M&E with 1 to 2 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation,
- Experience working at the national level on health programs with knowledge and experience with data collection and analysis,
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only applicatins sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.