United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Transaction Monitoring
- To carry out ongoing monitoring of accounts in line with extant regulations and internal policy to identify and report suspicious transactions to the requisite statutory authorities.
- To manage and support the bank’s Compliance Risk Management strategy in ensuring that the Bank’s AML and Counter Financing of Terrorism’s effort are in line with the Group standards and international best practice.
- To carry out enhanced due diligence reviews to prevent the Bank from being exposed to the risk of sanctions and associated financial/reputational loss that the Group may incur as a result of failure to comply with regulations
- Ensure capacity building of staff to improve Compliance culture in the bank.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Use of Actimize for Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM)
- Sanctions Screening Compliance
- Money Remittance (Western Union & MoneyGram) Transactions Monitoring
- Compliance Investigations, Reporting and Returns Rendition
- Response to Request for Information (RFI) from Correspondent Banks
- Our ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Operations, Internal Control or Audit & Compliance, External Auditing and Risk Management.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Good investigative skills
- Report writing skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and basic applications like excel, power point etc
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies & procedures
- Deep understanding of the Bank’s Products, Services and Processes.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online