Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Team Leader (KE 1)
Reference No.: 6039
Project Reference: EuropeAid / 140588 / IH / SER / NG
Estimated Start Date: January 2022
Duration: 18 months
Project Name: Technical Assistance to Strengthen Capacity for Implementation of National Economic Policies and the EU Development Initiatives including Documentation of the EU Projects in Nigeria
The purpose of the required services is to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (MFBNP) for the implementation of key national economic policies and initiatives including documentation and visibility of EU Projects in Nigeria. The aim of the service is to provide technical assistance to the Focal Departments of the MFBNP in the aspects of:
- Economic policy planning, budgeting, project implementation, monitoring & evaluation among other activities required for the delivery of key national development initiatives of the Federal Government of Nigeria; and
- Inspection, documentation and showcasing of works/community projects executed through the EDF for the purpose of ensuring their sustainability by raising stakeholders’ awareness on their responsibilities; as well as,
- Organization of capacity building programmes in the fields of development planning, including innovative modalities and emerging trends in development cooperation and the framework of the EDF.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in at least one of the following disciplines: Economics, Public Finance, Public Administration, Law, International Relations, Political Science, Public Relations or Business Administration. In the absence of a Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the disciplines above and a total of 2 years in addition to the required General professional experience
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English
General professional experience:
- Preferably 10 years of professional experience in project management relevant to the assignment. A minimum of 5 years if required;
Specific professional experience:
- At least 7 years of experience in macroeconomic planning, or development planning or budgeting;
- At least 5 years of experience in capacity building to the public sector entities in the field of national economic planning, finance and development, including supporting governments to craft and implement inclusive, evidence-based policies and initiatives in macro, fiscal and industry economics, trade and trade relations, private sector development, investment policy, tax policy regulation and fiscal decentralization;
- At least one long-term experience (of the duration of at least 2 years) in a management position managing EU funded projects, preferably project(s) funded by the EDF;
- Work experience in Sub-Saharan countries is required, experience in Nigeria would be an asset;
- Practical knowledge of EDF Procedures would be an asset.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online