Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, SAF Database Administration
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Database Administration
- To oversee all enterprise databases and middleware of servers towards high service level agreed with customers and the business by ensuring high availability and reliability of these databases.
- Manage the bank’s application databases, develop and ensure that data storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning as required at optimum levels.
- Ensure database integrity and security at all times.
- Manage and maintain user accounts, objects, access permission and privileges.
- Perform database administration.
- Assesse user needs and conduct periodic database capacity planning.
- Monitor and optimize/tunes the performance of the bank’s databases.
- Generate periodic database performance and availability reports.
- Manipulate data within databases to increase manageability and data retrieval.
- Analyze database efficiency and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Monitor database availability, stability, and integrity using activity logs and other tools.
- Oversee and execute data security measures to maintain data integrity and confidentiality.
- Manipulate database to provide required Management Information.
- Develop cross platform knowledge to manage databases across a number of vendors.
- Accurately estimate and manage storage requirements, security, auditing, backup, and recovery.
- Provide database solution support for primary and secondary production problems.
- Database Alert monitoring.
- Minimum of 6 years post qualification experience of which at least 4 must have been in the Financial Services Sector and 1 year in a supervisory position.
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online