United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Investor Relations
- To assist in the coordination and implementation of an investor relation programme, that will manage the relationship between the bank and its shareholders
Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in the formulation of UBA’s investor relations policies, objectives & initiatives
- Participate in the bank’s drive to attract more investments from identified target groups
- Contribute to the development of an active relationship with existing and potential investors and external investment analysis (both buy and sell side)
- Manage reporting calendar, including road shows, meetings, results announcements and conference calls
- Organize meetings with independent shareholder associations in preparation for Annual General Meetings
- Monitor Nigerian and international press for accuracy of reporting IR issues & internal dissemination as appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring the timely production of quality annual reports and other internal reports (including monthly departmental reports, quarterly board report, company fact sheet etc.)
- Liaise with UBA Registrars to ensure needs of retail shareholders are being effectively dealt with.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of investor relations materials to existing and potential investors
- Act as resource within UBA to help guide effective public disclosure consistent with regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Assist Head, investor Relations in shareholder targeting and analysis
- Work on influencing sell-side coverage towards ensuring more followers and more publishing from followers
- Maintain an accurate and updated database of analysts, institutional investors and other contact that are critical to IR’s core function
- Prepare ad hoc press releases as appropriate
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Head, Investor Relations
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any Financial related discipline, preferably also have completed CFA.
- We are looking for a candidate who has a good negotiation skills and an accounting background, who would participate in the bank’s drive to attract more investments from identified target groups. One who also has a good understanding of financial markets.
- Leadership /Supervisory.
- Organization & Coordination.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Communication (oral & written) especially with external audiences.
- Financial markets.
- Accounting & Corporate Finance.
- Financial Institutions Regulations.
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online