United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, External Reporting & Credit Bureau Management
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a talented and experienced individual for External Reporting and Credit Bureau function
- The ideal candidate must have 5-10 years experience in Banking with at least 4-5 years leading a team in Credit Risk function.
- To ensure that credit information checks are conducted on prospective borrowers on the relevant credit bureaus platform and on CBN CRMS for every approval/disbursement.
- To obtain CBN credit Reference code required prior to every credit disbursement.
- To comply with regulatory requirements on CRMS & Credit Bureau services.
- Customer’s search reports on CRMS & 2 Credit Bureau reports.
- Collate requests from Business office/units on CRMS and Credit Bureau from the Credit Bureau portal.
- Collate list of customers from the attached templates and conduct enquiry through Credit Bureau/CRMS/CBN Server.
- Revert to enquirer on the result within 24 hours.
- Obtain data for updating customers’ information on CRMS 100, CRMS 200 and CRMS 300 reports.
- On submission of returns on CRMS100, CRMS200 and CRMS300, CBN provides a unique code for each of the credit record submitted used for the update.
- Prepare and transmit CRMS 400 on or before the 14th day of each month.
- Conduct Daily Update on Bureau Databases to reflect Customers Status.
- Check for correctness of credit details, authorize and transmit to CBN’s CRMS database UBA Africa Subsidiaries Loans Report.
- Generate monthly Data Exchange Using the template advised by CBN to transmit Report to Credit bureaus.
- Obtain, analyze and report Credit Portfolio Information received from at least 2 of Credit Reference company (CRC), First Central bureaus and Credit Registry/.
- Send Advice to Credit Monitoring, Credit Recovery and Business Units for appropriate actions to strengthen the bank’s hold on customers’ businesses.
- Preparation and rendition of Environmental and Social Mgt., Anti-money Laundry and other related reports.
- Make proper analyses of raw data received from IT teams, operations team, offshore offices and Finacle support of IT department/ unit and prepare reports on monthly bases.
- Prepare monthly Anti-Money Laundry reports.
- Attend to CBN/NDIC Audit (Spot checks/Ad-hoc basis) on CRMS and Loans.
- Validate external reports with FINCON and Regulatory reporting units.
- Prepare Environmental and Social management system for Business Activities report on a half- yearly and yearly disclosure bases and render same to CBN in prescribed format.
- Assigning relevant CRMS codes to existing and new facilities.
- Prepare reports in line with Rating agencies templates.
- Assign relevant codes to existing and new facilities.
- Send CRMS 400C for updating information provided the CRMS database.
- Take further actions to close any reporting gap.
- Verify the correctness of credit details, authorize and transmit to CBN’s CRMS database.
- Preparation and Rendition of Loan Impairment and Other Regulatory reports.
- Review Schedules of Bonds and Guarantees, Letters of Credit, BACP and Risk Assets Download as input to Loan Impairment report.
- Prepare Loan Impairment worksheet in line with IFRS standards.
- Prepare monthly Loan Loss Report for CBN Prudential Classification.
- Prepare monthly Top Obligors report.
- Prepare weekly Interest rate reports.
- Prepare monthly Agriculture Credit Support Scheme.
- Prepare Agriculture Credit Guarantee Scheme report – Quarterly.
- Prepare Public Sector report.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- First Degree in any field.
- Masters’ Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage.
Previous Work Experience Requirements.
- Minimum of 5 -10 years experience, out of which 5 years must have been spent in a credit risk management function.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft program.
- Numerical/Analytical skill.
- Up to date understanding of implication of changes in macro-economic variables.
- Working knowledge of the Bank’s Apps.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Bank’s Credit Policies and procedures.
- Firm grasp of CBN monetary policies and guidelines.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Working Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.