Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Data Insights
Job Type: Permanent
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity and speed of reporting data, monitoring ETL jobs, designing cubes, data visualisation/dashboard development and extrapolating insights from the data to support business and sales activities.
- Strategic Perspective
- Collaborates with business owners, Divisional agile and products teams, GST team, Operations team and other BI champions to develop automated solutions to meet rapidly changing market, business and customer data demands
- Develop, monitor and maintaining ETL jobs and resolve production issues
- Use ETL tools to load data store(s)/ data warehouse(s)/ data mart(s)
- Create and execute queries for data
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data store/data warehouse/ data mart design and configuration
- Knowledge of Big-data tools such as Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL, Python, R, etc
- Tableau developer with an expertise to create visualizations that provide business insights
- Deliver high quality and timely dashboards, reports, visualizations, data models, and self-service reporting capabilities
- Being one of the key builders of our BI Data Marts for supporting the business reporting requirements
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the division to understand business drivers, gaps, and issues to create relevant data strategies and BI capabilities
- Ensures Data integrity and Optimized speed for data insert/retrieval operations
- Manipulating/mining data from database tables (TSQL, Oracle, Data Warehouse)
- Research and implement standards to ensure data integrity, efficient coding, data validation, product testing, clear documentation, and maintenance practices
- Troubleshoot production issues; identify root cause and fixes
- Collaborate with other teams to provide end user documentation and training
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders and translate them into specifications for business intelligence solutions and processes
- Monitors the availability of business intelligence servers, and ensures the smooth running of all services
- Investigate data to extract intelligence and insights to support business decision making
- Provide analytics and insights to support data-driven performance management
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Computer / System / Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Applied Physics / Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5-7 years experience in the same or related role
- Relevant certification such as Business Intelligence Certification, Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP).
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online