United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Corporate Payment
- Ensuring that the major corporate customers of the bank are profiled on and use our automated payment platforms (especially on Corporate Internet Banking platforms, via our API services, Host to host connections etc.)
- Ensure timely resolution of customer issues encountered during onboarding and transaction processing
- Ensure that transaction value and volume is continuously increasing across platforms in order to increase transaction fees & revenue
- Market, Sell, Present, Deploy and support UBA Automated Payment Systems and other e-payment products
- Work with the bank’s business units to migrate customers from conventional banking practices to the adoption of e-channels. This involves the selling-deployment-training-live activation process
- Receive requests from customers and account officers on customized solutions and work with Business Analysis & Application Development teams (in CIO and CDO organization) to deliver same to the customer
- Work with Technology (based on customer feedback and identified needs) to enhance the banks automated payment platforms/services
- Continuous training of account officers as first escalation level for resolution of issues
- Proffer solutions to customers on issues arising from the use of the automated platforms
- Continuous training of the teams back-office support group to increase competence levels in handling customer issues
- Customer On-boarding
- Customer Activation
- Transaction Driving
- 1st Level Support
- Reporting and Monitoring
- Assume 100% responsibility for the banks’ automated payments platforms
- Keep abreast of market trends, new entrants / prospects (corporates & Fintechs) and competition strategies to continually improve our business
- Any other duties assigned by Unit Head, Group head or divisional head.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- Minimum of a First Degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Core Sciences, Administration or Info-tech related field.
- Strong customer engagement, service and support focus with a desire to achieve set business goals
- Ability to effectively manage integration processes with customer platforms / ERP
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management and priority setting in the achievement of set goals.
- Problem identification and solving for customers of the bank
- Analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and engage customers for on boarding to UBA platforms.
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years banking experience in Corporate/digital payments platform management and sales with a focus on Corporates and Commercial Banking segments for signup and activation.
Application Closing Date