Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Officer – Cement Industry
Reference No: GbokoFinance004
Location: Gboko, Benue
Employment Type: Full Time
The Tax Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Accurate preparation and timely reporting of all Tax returns
- Create tax data collection systems, and maintain the corporate tax database
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules
- Compliance: Follow up and ensure that Taxes and Levies are remitted and paid to the relevant Tax Authorities and all statutory obligations are settled as and when due to avoid fines, penalties & organization reputational damage, proper documentation of evidences of payment of the Taxes, Levies & statutory obligations.
- Support and coordinate tax audit and back duty audit by various taxation authorities
- Investigate and correct processing errors
- Monitor current and impending changes to tax regulations and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies to form the basis for tax positions to be taken
- Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profit
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
- Candidate must have B.Sc/HND (Finance/Accounts) + 3-6 years experience or ACA with 3-6 years experience
- Proficiency in computer usage.
- Knowledge of SAP is required.
- Advanced Excel & power point presentation.
- Ability to use micro soft Outlook.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
- Good knowledge of accounting and book-keeping is required
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online