Tax Officer at Interswitch Group: Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for Tax Officer at Interswitch Group. Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Group Finance & Supply Chain Management
- Support Tax function in all ‘heads of tax’ for the Group optimizing the Group effective tax rates for both direct and indirect taxes while ensuring compliance in all territories operated in.
- Provision of timely and accurate decision support to the business with respect to Tax input as applicable to commercial transactions, intra-Group activities, acquisitions, business start-ups, etc.
- Operational Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate prepare of all monthly tax returns schedule /payments (PAYE, VAT, WHT and Income Tax etc)
- Estimating and Tracking Tax returns
- Organise and update the company’s Tax Database
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet tax accounts
- Ensure the timely recoverability of withholding tax certificates
- Assist in documenting and maintain appropriate policies for operating & managing all ‘heads of tax’
- Prepare and file (working with external tax advisors) annual tax returns
- Provide support on all tax audits Monthly review of all ledgers across the Group from a tax perspective and report to the Manager on possible exposures
- Update on a monthly basis log of all open tax issues (with actions and timelines for closure)
- Manage relationships with all relevant external advisors and regulators
- Key contributor to Business strategy, proactively advising from tax perspective
- Key contributor to continuous process improvement across the Group, identifying, advising and implement system and process improvements
- First Degree in any discipline
- Professional certification in Accounting
- Tax Qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Tax
- Strong appreciation of accounting and tax systems
Application Closing Date
11th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online