The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- Under the direct supervision of the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Talent Acquisition Officer serves as part of the focal point for the coordination of recruitment related activities as well as provision of recruitment support to ensure effective and efficient execution of processes, projects, and activities.
- Ensure strategic management and recruitment of national staff in line with human resources requirements for programs and support positions.
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager in successful implementation, adherence, and common understanding of Recruitment Guidelines in IRC Offices
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure that controls are put in place to allow for transparent and unbiased recruitment processes and systems
- Track and ensure progress on active recruitment and upcoming talent needs
- Keep up to date on trends in talent acquisition, particularly in the humanitarian aid sector.
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager to attract and retain senior national talent with a diversity focus.
- Identify areas of opportunity to strengthen recruitment function and proactively offer recommendations to hiring teams.
- Participate in the coordination of all aspects of the recruitment and selection process including scheduling interviews and tests with candidates, provide feedback as appropriate and conduct reference checks.
- Support the long listing of applicants.
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure the maintenance of the IRC recruitment module and all candidates receive timely communication and feedback.
- Work in accordance with agreed timescales to reduce time to hire figures and retain the best candidates.
- Draft offer letters and employment contracts.
- Maintenance of recruitment data such as job descriptions, interview grids, reference checks tests.
- Assist in ensuring the mission’s recruitment and selection policy guidelines are followed.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Work effectively as a member of the HR team to ensure optimization of resources across the team as well as delivering consistency and effectiveness of practice.
- Other relevant duties and project work as directed by the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Maintenance of high technical standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following IRC Nigeria staff regulations
Education / Experience
- BSc / HND in Social Sciences
- Master’s degrees in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
- Society of Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM- CP) or relevant body desirous
- Not less than 2 years work experience in Human Resources, Recruitment and Talent Management.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by the deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Willing to adhere to and carry out the IRC rules.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Able to cope with basic living conditions during a field trip.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Talent Acquisition Manager
- Indirect Reports: HR Coordinator
- Position directly Supervises: Recruitment Intern
- Key Internal Contacts:
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager in achieving the core objectives.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.