Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- Perform the electrical, automation and telecom discipline engineering activities in accordance with Project requirements, within time schedule and quality standards.
- Ensure a correct and timely exchange of information with all the Project interfaces.
- Interface and coordinate with the other Project Team Specialists and Designers.
- Coordinate technical activities performed either by insourcing or outsourcing implement operating guidelines in the Project.
- The Engineer executes the activities within the area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements.
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements
- Participate in the definition of electrical, automation and telecom engineering requirements
- Prepare Project design criteria for electrical, automation and telecom systems
- Define the configuration of the electrical system and the single line diagram
- Prepare Control and Safety Systems specifications and philosophies
- Prepare the technical documentation for Telecommunication material and services requisitions and prepare, according to internal procedures
- Optimize Control, Safety Systems and Telecommunication design ensuring minimal cost and complexity in compliance with the contractual as well as safety requirements
- Prepare Advanced Control, Dynamic Simulation and Operator Training Simulator functional and supply specifications
- Participate in P and ID mechanization
- Perform electrical system calculation and studies (e.g., power demand, load flow, short circuit, transient stability, motor starting) to define the equipment rating
- Perform power cables sizing
- Check and review technical documentation according to Project and JV procedures
- Prepare technical documentation (e.g., specifications, data sheets) for systems equipment and materials
- Develop system plant design (e.g., cable routings, grounding) and substations arrangements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of about 6 to 10 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools and relevant engineering software.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online