Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Manager, Cement Industry
Reports To: Head sustainability
Job Classification: Middle Management
- The role is focused on supporting the Head Sustainability in creating required benchmark frameworks and relevant policies and standards that embed effective sustainability strategies and interventions in business operations as follows:
- To contribute to the clear articulation of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) KPIs.
- Support by collaboration with all stakeholders in relation to the role and communicate developments to the Head Sustainability.
- Support the continuously tracking, documentation and measurement of ESG KPI’s and timely communicate same to the Head Sustainability.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with diverse functions, departments and Plant operations to set and execute sustainability performance enhancement goals, targets, KPIs and roadmaps; and effectively monitor and measure progress
- Set short, medium, and long-term sustainability targets for the company, including developing corporate sustainability strategies that will ensure that business practices, products and services are environmentally friendly, socially responsible, and compliant with government rules and regulations.
- Promote and explains the organizations’ sustainability philosophy to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and execute on effective stakeholder engagement and materiality assessment initiatives and generate reports and response action plan as required.
- Prepare and coordinate the Annual Sustainability Report and Communication on Progress (COP) report for the company using global sustainability reporting frameworks like Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), etc.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of Sustainability initiatives and programs, with measurable impact
- Manage compliance with ESG related codes, policies, principles and standards (e.g., GRI, UNGC, CDP, TCFD, SBTi etc.)
- Manage internal network of Sustainability Leads, champions, volunteers, etc, in conjunction with Human Resources and related functions
- Facilitate the building and management of user-friendly ESG (sustainability) data collection/management systems and drive their active usage by key functions/departments for periodic (monthly quarterly, annually) ESG performance reporting and annually sustainability reporting.
- Execute ESG Impact and Performance Measurement studies across all business operations such as ESG Performance Peer Benchmarking, Socio-Economic Impact Assessment (SIA), Stakeholder Materiality Assessment, Community Baselines and Needs Assessment, etc.
- Coordinate and support the operationalization of the organization’s sustainability approach/policy across all business operations through internal and externally facilitated sustainability trainings, workshops, and other capacity building initiatives.
- Prepare and submission Sustainability Function’s Progress Update Reports to executive management (such as Quarterly Board Committee Report, Monthly Performance Review (MPR) Sustainability Report, etc.)
- Conceptualize and draft Sustainability Function’s Annual Budget items in line with departmental KPIs and corporate objectives for the year.
- Liaise with executive management on sustainability plans and objectives and secure buy in and approvals.
- Support and guide team members to execute on tasks and responsibilities and forge team cohesion based on knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Sustainability or Environment related field.
- Master’s Degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of proven experience in Corporate Sustainability function in a large organization, preferably in a multi-national setting.
- Strong skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and internet research
- At least 3 years’ experience in Sustainability Reporting using global reporting standards
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills (remains open to others’ ideas, exhibits willingness to try new approaches).
Skills and Competencies:
- Innovative and Collaborative
- Persuasive and resilient
- Excellent writing skills
- Adaptive and self-driven
- Result-oriented and committed
- Negotiation and crisis management skills
- Experienced in leading continuous improvement projects.
- Excellent communications & advocacy skills
- Effective planning, target setting, project monitoring and performance measurement
- Successfully implemented environmental & social performance management framework in a large and diversified business space
- Experienced in sustainability and corporate social responsibility management
- Experienced in Sustainability Reporting using global standards and frameworks.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online