World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surveillance Officer
Job ID: 2203818
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): one year
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities reduce morbidity, disability and mortality due to vaccine preventable diseases through improving access and utilization of immunization services through strengthened district EPI programmes
- Accelerating efforts to achieve polio eradication, measles control, maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination, yellow fever control; promote innovations including introduction of new and under-utilized vaccines
- Improve vaccine safety and security and systematize access to immunization services integrated with other child survival interventions.
Description of Duties
- To provide technical assistance to national authorities in a priority state to adopt National EPI Strategies and programme best practices to state specific conditions
- To support national authorities in a priority state in preparing, reviewing and/or updating annual state immunization plans
- To support capacity building activities in support of immunization operations (service delivery, vaccine supply and quality, logistics, surveillance, advocacy and communication), immunization safety and strengthening human and institutional resources
- To support capacity building activities aimed at the introduction of new and under-utilized vaccines as well as the delivery of immunization activities together with other priority disease control/child survival interventions Jobs…….scholarships……..education………grants…….npower news…….nysc…….and more trending news!
- To support immunization monitoring and evaluation activities
- To support activities aimed at strengthening partnership and advocacy in support of improving performance of immunization activities
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative.
- Essential: Graduate or Post Graduate Degree in Public Health from a recognized University
- Desirable: Formal training in principles of epidemiology and/or health promotion.
- Essential: Seven years of international managerial experience in immunization. Skills in organizing and providing training programs for public health workers
- Desirable: Experience in immunization activities in the relevant geographical region.
- Willing and able to travel extensively in Nigeria; The candidate must possess good communication skills
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars.
- The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 75,602 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3194 per month for the duty station indicated above.
- Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022, 10:59:00 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening. Jobs…….scholarships……..education………grants…….npower news…….nysc…….and more trending news!
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice. Jobs…….scholarships……..education………grants…….npower news…….nysc…….and more trending news!
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct.
- To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates. Jobs…….scholarships……..education………grants…….npower news…….nysc…….and more trending news!
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.