Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and internationally trained professionals. With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs. Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos, Anambra and Port Harcourt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Support Staff
Location: Awka, Anambra
Employment Type: Full-time
- Member of a multidisciplinary team; assists in the provision of safe and empathetic personal care to people who experience mental illness, and who use mental health services, under the guidance of a qualified nurse.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the nurses on duty and other clinicians while they carry out their duties
- Receive and implement instructions from the nurses in charge of the wards at all times
- Welcome patients and facilitate a friendly environment to enable them acclimatize to their new environment
- Ensure the safety of patients and their living environment at all times; ensure patients are never left unattended in the facility or while on external activities
- Physical care of patients: assist when circumstances require, in maintaining personal hygiene – bathing, dressing –, feeding, making beds, arranging personal effects, etc.
- Interact with and support patients during therapeutic activities and recreation
- Assist to de-escalate and/or restrain aggressive/violent patients when required Supervise the scheduled regular cleaning of patients’ rooms and shared areas during all shifts Complete all observation charts and handover checklists promptly and conscientiously, with adequate attention to detail
- Ensure that electrical appliances e.g. bulbs, air conditioners, heaters, etc. are switched off when not in use
- Promptly report damages, and supervise repairs and maintenance activities in the facility
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Nurse or clinicians.
Requirements and Experience
- Only OND holders can apply for this role
- 1 – 3 years work experience
- Previous work experience in a mental health or general health care facility will be an advantage
- Compassionate and patient
- Strong-willed, able to solve crises and work in a team
- Good communication skill
- Male Preferably for Gender Equality.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.