The Edo State Government, led by Governor Obaseki, implemented the Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST) programme to improve basic education across the state. Through EdoBEST, the government is transforming learning outcomes for the 300,000 children across 1,029 public primary and 471 junior secondary schools in Edo State. EdoBEST is a Government designed and lead programme that is re-training all 15,000 government teachers – novice and experienced – to be technologically supported and empowered teachers.
Under EdoBEST, The Edo Supporting Teachers to Achieve Results (Edo STAR) programme is a hands-on government teacher training initiative forming a core pillar of the State’s reform agenda for basic education. The programme is developing a more highly skilled teaching workforce by training, supporting and motivating Edo State teachers to succeed in the classroom of tomorrow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Operations are central to how everything functions seamlessly at EdoBEST. The Operations group is responsible for all core operations within the region.
- This includes a central and distributed headquarters team that supports and monitors the academies’ operations and designs all the processes and systems that are critical to the success of each and every academy.
Supply Chain Department:
- Supply Chain is at the forefront of building an incredibly lean organization and seats within the Operations group. The team is responsible for establishing and managing the processes, systems, and tools related to Procurement, Logistics, and Warehousing of all goods required to service the activities of each school and central office in each of our territories.
- The team maintains well-oiled supply channels that ensure that our classrooms are adequately stocked with learning materials, so that schools, teachers, pupils, and parents have the material they need for their learning experience.
About the Role
- EdoBEST is looking for a Supply Chain Officer who will be responsible for providing efficient and cost effective Logistics and Supply Chain support services to support the business.
- The holder of this position will deliver high quality professional logistics and administration services and lead the development and implementation of tools, processes, policies and practices covering all aspects of Logistics and Supply Chain.
- Ability to deal with hands on issues , create effective liaison with heads of department and other key staff and management of various aspects of the logistics chain as well as participating in strategic thinking will be key to success in this position.
What You Will Do
- Under the guidance of the Supply Chain Manager, Introduce a formalized and highly organized approach in the region to guide all distribution activities between headquarters and schools in given region.
- Compilation of delivery schedules, route mappings, delivery tracking and reporting systems to ensure on time and complete deliveries.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with procurement, operations, construction, training, finance, research, administration and HR departments, taxi operators, motorcycle service providers and other partners within the Logistics services chain to create a partnership that adds value to EdoBEST.
- Negotiation of prices, lead times and other contractual terms with distribution and transport contractors in the areas the region assigned.
- Reviewing and embedding with user departments the specifications for various logistics services required for school operations and other departments.
- Creating and fostering relationships with diverse logistics and supply chain professional associations to ensure gainful experience and knowledge sharing.
- Seek, evaluate and recommend reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality logistics services at reasonable prices in the region.
- Determining distribution schedules and timing of deliveries to and from schools and keeping track of delivery times throughout the delivery process.
- Working with department managers and other staff to forecast demand for logistics services and to ascertain that deliveries are dispatched recorded and signed for by recipients.
- Provide oversight over the material handling staff assigned to the region.
- Deal with and resolve any logistical challenges including failure by internal and external stakeholders to meet expected performance benchmarks.
- Budgeting, reporting and analysis of Logistics costs to ensure high visibility and control of related expenses and proper allocation to user departments.
- Periodic reporting of Logistics activities and projects in assigned region.
- Working internally and with external legal support to ensure suitable agreements that would ensure appropriate terms of engagement with suppliers of high transport and delivery services.
- Support School Operations, Technology, Training and Construction departments and other functions in legal and contractual processes for Logistics needs.
- Advise management on required areas of improvement to enhance Logistics processes.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics or other Social Science or related discipline or the equivalent
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience in management of Logistics and or Supply Chain services preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple locations and diverse requirements
- Experience with Logistics management of construction materials in a large scale environment where both formal and informal vendors operate will be a definite advantage.
- Professional qualifications in Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
- Ability to present Logistics services feedback, policies and procedures to senior managers.
- Demonstrated ability to organize large volumes of Logistics requirements for a broad range of office and operational needs. Must have the ability to quickly learn and improve systems
- Good hands on knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, we work in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online