Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Scope of the Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided the Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project. The Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor will provide technical support in all Supply Chain Information Systems (SCIS) projects and activities, across all task orders in Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide technical support on the projects supply chain information systems and electronic resources planning software to facilitate user access to supply chain data for analysis and information.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate technological solutions to support supply chain activities for the GHSC-PSM project, e.g. demand and supply planning, transportation/storage optimization, etc.
- Facilitate user requirements definition, solution specifications, and documentation of systems and applications
- Support the development of implementation strategies for data and information management on all project’s supply chain information systems
- Maintain technical documentation for all project’s supply chain information systems
- Support the development and deployment of appropriate applications or solutions for use by the PSM Nigeria program, funders and other relevant partners
- Support the administration, management, GHSC-PSM information technology platforms
- Support integration of supply chain information systems between multiple internal and 3rd party systems
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Supply Chain Information Systems Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information systems, Information Technology or related sciences with 5 years of work experience in supporting and managing information systems.
- At least 3 years of work experience in mid-complex data and information systems management
- Knowledge of data management/analysis processes and tools, e.g. Excel, Python, R, MySQL, Tableau, GIS software, etc.
- Proficiency in working with ERP software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good project management skills
- Strong skills in interpretation and evaluation of data are required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Fluency in English is required
- The Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor will report to the MIS Manager, Supply Chain Information Systems.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online