United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supply and Procurement Associate
Job no: 550348
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Supply Management
For Every Child, a Champion
- The Supply & Procurement Associate impact is founded on the provision of input into the design and development of improved services, systems and delivery processes
- The impact directly affects the quality and timeliness of the delivery of a range of different specialized services for which the unit is accountable.
- Working with a high degree of operational independence, Associates are accountable for the achievement of overall service delivery results to clients.
How can you Make a Difference?
- In consultation with supervisor, provide input to the Country Programme Action Planning and advise on Supply requirements for the Plan of Operations and Annual Work Plans. Participate in the forecasting, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain operations, including establishment of performance indicators, and assessment of fit for purpose of products and services.
- Support supply emergency preparedness and response activities including establishment of Long Term Arrangements (LTAs), Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, and pre-positioning of stock.
Procurement / Contracting:
- Provide input to and advice on the annual supply plan. Conduct data review and analysis for category management and development of procurement strategies. Conduct market research in relevant areas for UNICEF and advice on best approaches to obtain best value for money and sustainable procurement. Support product innovation and market shaping initiatives for specific categories of supplies and services.
- Liaise with clients in planning procurement and contracting initiatives, supporting development of appropriate specifications, terms of reference, and timelines. Take into account opportunities to strengthen sustainability of supply chains.
- Ensure establishment of LongTerm Arrangements (LTAs) and act on specific procurement requisitions as might be required.
- Prepare and process Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitations to Bid (ITBs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), as might be requested by the Supervisor.
- Organize bid openings,and conduct technical and financial analysis of offers as might be required. Conduct clarifications and negotiations with suppliers. Maintain highest level of integrity, ethical standards and accountability in the procurement of goods, contracting of services and construction work.
- Prepare requests for award including submissions to Contract Review Committee. Prepare purchase orders and contracts in SAP (ERP – Enterprise Resource Planning system), and submit for relevant approvals, ensuring completeness of documentation in UNICEF systems.
- Keep stakeholders/partners informed on the progress. Liaise with suppliers, ensuring timely follow-up on delivery schedules Implement appropriate vendor management practices e.g. supply performance reviews.
- Ensure appropriate filing of procurement cases and maintain up to date records for future reference including for audit.
- Identify needs for contracting of logistics third party services (e.g. customs clearance, warehousing, transport, distribution) and manage contracting of such service providers including establishment of KPIs and performance monitoring mechanisms.
Other Duties / Responsibilities:
- In cases where the incumbent has managerial responsibility of lower level GS staff, the incumbent will ensure timely and effective performance management of staff, providing practical advice and guidance to ensure individual and team objectives are met.
- In collaboration with supervisor, Supply Division, Regional Office and the global supply community, provide input to help ensure knowledge exchange and learning is prioritized to continuously build capacity of individuals and the team. Develop and facilitate training of newcomers, establish processes or manuals to support effective workflows
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: A university degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Contract/commercial law or another relevant technical field in combination with qualifying experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative experience in supply chain management or a commercial context is required. Understanding of development and emergency /humanitarian work is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of a range of specialized topics, including the relevant supply chain policies, partnership mechanisms, rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish priorities and plan his/her own work and plan, coordinate and monitor the work of those under his/her supervision.
- High level of proficiency or skill is required in the interpretation and application of specialized rules and regulations to the circumstances of complex individual cases.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF office tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relevant supply chain processes and ability to consistently apply relevant policies, procedures and good practices in the daily work. Good judgement in order to handle complex cases including considerations for exceptions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor.
- Ability to use supply related modules within UNICEF ERP system.
- Ability to draft clear and concise reports or rationale for supply related decisions on key issues.
For every Child, you Demonstrate
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
- The UNICEF competencies required for this post are on this link here.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online