The Edo State Government launched the Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST) programme in 2018, to revolutionize basic education across the state. The programme is designed to deliver on the Governor’s core belief that ‘’once you get basic education right, everything else falls in place.’’
EdoBEST recognizes that a strong educational foundation will launch its children into a future of success and takes this responsibility seriously. The programme uses a holistic approach that centers on scientifically-based learning materials, a data-driven model and continuous capacity building.
We are truly a team of trailblazers working to ensure that the children of Edo State have the opportunity to maximize their potential. We need those that are committed to this transformative programme, and inspired by its ambition, to join us!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor, Schools
Location: Ekpoma, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- Each Supervisor is responsible for the professional development, including ongoing performance management of school staff. As a Supervisor, you are in schools each day, providing ongoing mentorship, specific performance feedback, and on-going group and personal training. In this role, you also engage with all stakeholders of the schools under your care, including government officials, parents, and community groups as may be required.
- Your role is the nexus of all that we do, ensuring the implementation and results of our overall programing, integrating school management, leadership & development of school staff, instructional design and technology. Using big data that provides a visibility into every day teaching practices and school management, you work with school staff to improve performance with the goal of student performance and character development in mind and provide feedback on core programming to our design teams.
- This team is laser focused on outcomes, inherently collaborative in nature, loves fostering leadership in others, is waveringly committed to ensuring a quality education for our pupils, and is excited about creating incredible learning interventions that drive positive behavior and mindset change in adults. You will flourish on this team if you are: a team player, hyper-focused on results, flexible in a dynamic environment, and have fun while working hard.
What You Will Do
- Be responsible for supervising the work of all school leaders in your assigned area, including all aspects of School Management, and community and parent engagement. Ensure each school leader delivers on promise of learning and holistic development for children, has a strong and high-performing cohort of teachers, operates within its budget and sustains enrollment necessary for financial sustainability;
- Use data from multiple sources, including your own classroom observations and school management observations, quality assurance audits, and big data on school staff behavior, to lead school staff to improve their practice, with an unwavering eye to student learning and holistic development.
- Use data from multiple sources to ensure effective school management, and a safe learning environment.
- Be in schools 80% time, observing teaching, management, and engaging with stakeholders, including government officials, parents, and community groups.
- When observing or holding meetings, use rubrics or other documents to support structured observation and reporting.
- Support specific school events, including collaborating on programming for such events as school opening celebrations, parent teacher conferences and school closing celebrations, as well as community showcases and participation on co-curricular competitions.
- Ensure school staff and students are prepared to sit in government-proctored exams, as they may occur on a termly/semester basis, and with particular attention to national examinations.
- Ensure school strength and support enrollment efforts.
- Ensure local regulatory processes are followed, including environmental & social standards, as well as national regulations.
- Lead leadership & development sessions the course of the school year, and during induction training for new staff, using the materials and programming developed by the Leadership & Development team.
- Support schools through transition of staff, including of school leaders and teachers; work with local government and other local organizations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Should Have
- Proven community leadership experience, leading teams of people to accomplish an objective
- Experience in mentorship and coaching of youth and adults, either inside or outside of a school setting.
- Teaching experience a plus
- Belief in data-driven decision making
- Relentless focus on achievement for yourself and others
- Bias towards action
- Flexible and loves to work in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative leader with strong relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in Education is COMPULSORY as well as TRCN License. Masters is an added advantage.
- A detailed doer: You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver: Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate: The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner: You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker:When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator:You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online