United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Subsidiary Governance Officer (SGO) – Anglophone
- Overall responsibility for governance oversight at the subsidiary level
- Ensure coordination and consistency in organization practices and polices relating to Subsidiary governance and to provide a platform for the different functional areas to facilitate information sharing enterprise wide
- Provide Subsidiary Governance
- Ensure total compliance by the subsidiaries with the relevant laws, policies, corporate Governance codes, and practices
- Provide Subsidiary Secretarial Support
- Ensure the Group operates as a cohesive and integrated entity in a sustainable manner.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law. Must be a registered Lawyer under the legal association of the country
- Higher Degrees / MBA / professional certificates would be an advantage.
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum experience 6 years post call experience in a relevant field.
- Strong relationship and Human Capital management
- Advanced interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent listening and interviewing skills
- Project management
- Attention to details.
- Extensive knowledge of Corporate Governance
- Expertise in International law
- Programme and project management knowledge
- Knowledge of UBA’s organizational structure
- Comprehensive knowledge of Corporate Governance best practices.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online