Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited is an indigenous provider of an expanding range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry including Engineering, Procurement , Project Management, Inspection and Maintenance Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Subsea Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, costing and testing components and fittings using computer aided design (CAD) software and 3D modelling.
- Building a small-scale model of a component, simulating the conditions it will have to withstand, observing its performance and analyzing the results.
- Planning appropriate improvements to the design of the component, applying them and testing it all over again.
- Carrying out full scale testing of the finished component, ensuring it meets all operations and health and safety requirements.
- Providing technical and engineering support to offshore teams.
- Producing budget and plans for projects.
- Writing evaluations of project progress, success and any issues.
- Spending some time offshore to liase with suppliers, manufacturers and other engineers.
- Working closely with Subsea Execution Contractor in all aspects of intervention preparation, including coordination of operation reviews and risks assessment and delivery of engineering procedures and equipment.
- Identifying and adopting new technologies to improve business results.
- Mentor and aid in the development of Organizational capability in the area of interventions and IRM.
- Have a strong safety, execution and cost focus as well as contractor management.
- Be involved in all aspects of underwater interventions and marine integrity projects.
- Adhere to company work processes, procedures and reviews and abide by regulations relevant to diving and intervention operations.
- Technical responsibility for mechanical ROV and intervention content of tenders and projects.
- Mechanical Engineering design and development for remote systems and intervention tooling
- Preparation of tender specifications and costs
- Preparation of design specifications.
- Sub-contractor management.
- Preparation and checking of manuals and procedures
- Preparation and checking of design calculations.
- Manufacture, testing and commissioning support.
- ROV and intervention project support
- Technical contact with client
- Ensure continuity of lessons learned for ongoing and future projects
- The inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM)of CUE subsea assets using underwater intervention techniques (divers and ROVs).
- Prepare and submit weekly reports on activities.
- Carry out any other assignment as may be directed by Top Management.
Qualification / Experience
- B.Eng in related fields
- 3 – 7 years experience
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.