A fuel station positioned in Umuoma Nekede Owerri-west LGA of Imo state has been gutted by fireplace, killing a household of 5.
DAILY POST stories that the incident which came about on Friday was triggered by a truck discharging cooking fuel.
In response to an eye fixed witness, Princely Onyenwe, the truck caught fireplace whereas discharging fuel and destroyed vegetation round.
“I put the blame on the carelessness of the operators of Tiengo fuel station who ignored its leakage. The flaring of the fuel rapidly despatched the hearth to a close-by compound and burnt 5 individuals, 4 kids and the spouse of Mr. Onyekpandu Ekeada.
“One other residential home affected by the inferno is brothers and sisters lodge. Gasoline stations shouldn’t be sited round residential areas due to their inflammable nature. The Imo authorities ought to look into this,” he suggested.
Onyemuche Anukam, a resident of brothers and sisters lodge, described the incident as unlucky, interesting to the federal government to relocate the fuel station elsewhere.
Mr. Onyekpandu, the daddy of the victims whereas talking mentioned that his household was seated exterior the compound round 9pm when the incident came about and killed all his kids together with his spouse.
He cried to the state authorities to come back to his rescue, lamenting that he had misplaced all he lived and struggled for in life.
He gave his kids’s names as Treasured, Chidera, Miracle, Izunna and their mom, Marcellina.
DAILY POST additional discovered that the Deputy Governor of Imo state, Prof. Placid Njoku visited the location and consoled the bereaved household.