Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structured Trade Lead
Job Req ID: 22487660
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The role is a Revenue generating role responsible for origination, structuring, execution and on-going client management of Trade & Working Capital deals across SSA.
- It is critically required to support the future growth in revenues and development of solutions to client’s needs.
- This will support the significant growth plans that SSA Trade & Working Capital has built into the Strategy plan.
- The Structured Trade Head leads a small team directly, yet interacts with multiple teams through other managers and directly.
- In-depth understanding of how own sub-function (Trade Structuring) contributes to achieving the objectives of the function (Trade & Working Capital).
- A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors’ products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business.
- Requires thorough understanding of the strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas.
- Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
- External communication / negotiation is also necessary e.g. with clients, lawyers, vendors etc.
- Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed.
- Determines approach to implementing functional strategy.
- Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s).
- Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses.
- Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- May be doing / involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities.
- The Structured Trade Head is responsible for overseeing the Trade Structuring Transactors, Analysts and Specialists within SSA, across all industry and client segments
- There will be a small group of Full Time Equivalents managed within the group and the portfolio will be material to the overall Trade & Working Capital business
- Responsible for setting the strategy for the team, managing the budget, driving origination, structuring and executing transactions across SSA
- Responsible for coordinating up with the SSA Trade & Working Capital Head to set and manage the overall Pillar
- Responsible for executing against his/her financial and risk framework and reporting on a monthly basis against their targeted goals and objectives
- Designated as the first line of defense in regards to the governance and management of the Product, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Compliance Risk for sub-function
- Effective and timely coordination with the respective Coverage, Client Solutions, and Support functions within SSA
- Represent CitiTTSTrade at the respective industry forums and councils for Trade Structuring matters or as requested
- Proactively identify market conditions and trends that impact the Product Pillar or function, and provide timely, viable and manageable solutions to address as needed
- Credit Structuring skills and risk assessment experience within the Trade Finance, Commodities, Asset Distribution, EAF Pillars and Trade & Working Capital Credit processes – Global Deal Review
- Product knowledge of Trade Product set and the critical essential conditions as outlined in the Global Product Programs and Risk Acceptance Criteria
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s / University Degree, Master’s Degree preferred and managerial experience.
- 15+ years of experience, including 8-10+ years’ managerial experience
- Extensive Trade Product and Credit Risk Management and Principle experience
- Knowledge of the Citi Infrastructure (or similar) processes in regards to Risk management and Operational processing within SSA.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Tertiary level education.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online