Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategy & PMO Executive
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
About the Job
The Role Will Essentially:
- Provide administrative, strategic assistance and financial analysis support to the Executive in all business related matters – including preparation for various reviews, external speaking assignments etc.
- Plan, coordinate & minute the strategic reviews and meetings and update the Executive on status of various initiatives to ensure that deployments & implementations take place as per the plan.
- Work with the Executive Council Members to proactively prepare for the reviews
- Lead identified strategic projects as a program manager (design, project manage and follow up)
- Engage with external bodies and knowledge forums across Nigeria – Identify suitable external forums for representation by Airtel to build and strengthen the Airtel brand in Nigeria
Strategy & Financial Planning:
- Provide input as required and implement the strategy on specific projects and initiatives. May also be required to perform a supportive role in different phases of the strategy development.
- Assist in the creation of strategies and financial plans in close coordination with Nigeria Executive Council Members
- Support decision making abilities of the Executive by conducting detailed analysis on key strategic issues.
- Organize briefing materials and logistics for workshops or presentations
- Prepare and run the agenda and content for strategic business meetings, conferences and forums.
- General office support to include minute taking, monthly reporting, preparing presentation materials, dealing with telephone enquiries, filing and general correspondence.
- Develop and maintain records and information systems in accordance with office policy and procedures.
- Prioritizing all incoming mail and ensuring necessary actions are taken
- Assist in organizing and maintaining systems for the storage and
- retrieval of information.
- Provide an effective interface between the Executive’s guests and other members of the company.
- Respond to internal and external enquiries and as far as is possible process these through to their resolution.
- Manage staff and resources allocated to the job in accordance with the authority’s policies and code of ethics and standards.
- Effective time and diary management for the executive.
- Handle other administrative functions of the Group.
- Plan, coordinate & minute the strategic reviews & meetings and update the Executive on status of various initiatives to ensure implementations and deployments as per plan.
- Review and monitor various key programs to ensure consistency with defined objectives
Support / Networking with Internal / External Stakeholders:
- Act as Opco SPOC for Group initiatives
- Support the CEO’s engagement with external stakeholders – Regulators, Suppliers, Partners including corporate gifting initiatives
- Coordinate with senior leadership in Nigeria and Nairobi for key data and information exchange and report preparation
Skills & Knowledge
- A Degree in a Quantitative Degree, Economics, Accounting or the Social Sciences.
- An MBA or Masters’ Degree from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 12 years work experience, preferably 5 years in telecoms, business planning or financial services
- Financially savvy
- High energy person with the ability to organize, manage and deliver key strategic initiatives
- Strong communication skills – Both written and verbal
- Project & Program management skills
- Ability to work seamlessly across businesses and hierarchy levels
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online