Food Concepts Plc was incorporated on 6 December 1999 as Food Concepts & Entertainment Limited and commenced operations in 2000. The Company was converted from a Private Limited Liability Company into a Public Limited Liability Company and the Company’s name was subsequently changed to Food Concepts Plc. by a Special Resolution dated 10 May 2009. Following its incorporation, Food Concepts secured franchises from reputable South African Quick Service Restaurants operators to manage and operate their brands in Nigeria. The Company subsequently acquired and developed other Brands, such as, Chicken Republic, PieXpress, Butterfield and Yum Yum.
Following a corporate restructuring and divestment, the Company now owns and operates the Chicken Republic and PieXpress brands as its proprietary food brands. Chicken Republic is currently trading in 80 locations across Nigeria and Ghana, it will operate >100 Chicken Republic restaurants by the end of 2020 and has plans in place to operate >300 stores by the end of 2023. PieXpress began trading in 2019 and we presently operate 4 kiosks. We will open another 6 units by the end of the year, with plans in place to operate 150 Pie Express units by the end of 2023.
Food Concepts also owns a 35.61% stake in Food Concepts Pioneer Limited, which continues to hold the Butterfield and Yum Yum brands and runs plant bakeries producing bread, pies, sausage rolls and chin-chin for the mass market.
In a bid to meet our unprecedented growth and expansion, we are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Account Support Officer
Requisition ID: 748
Locations: Gwarimpa, Wuse Zone 6, Garki, Amino Kano Road Wuse – Abuja & Ikorodu, Ikeja, Ipaja – Ayobo, Agungi, Lekki Phase 1 – Lagos
- To ensure co-ordination and execution of store administrative tasks including but not limited to accounting i.e. P n l report, daily stock management report, GP report, reports from FP and A, Inventory, support office and other clerical roles in restaurant operation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing store documentations and transmitting same to Head Office.
- Posting of invoices and all other inter- stores transfers to the system (ERP)
- Completing daily cash reconciliation and daily cash banking.
- Managing weekly petty cash and float.
- Assist in the computation of monthly GP report.
- Collaborate with Finance Department and initiate timely preparation of Management report.
- Supervise stock movement from receipts to its utilization and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Participate in the monthly stock take exercise.
- Follow up with external vendors and government agencies on matters affecting the stores.
- Ensure daily Stock receiving, Stock control and update of all stock record
- Daily Stock Variance Report and weekly stock report – documentation and update
- Assist Store Managers in Forecasting and Line Scheduling
- Weekly ordering and stock requisition
- Update all entry on the Company ERP system. Ensure correctness and accuracy of data entry into the
General Store Administration:
- Collating Recruitment documentation, leave request etc and send to HR for verification
- Maintaining Store Notice Board I.e. important contact details such as store hospital, staff meal roaster,
- Police contact, Deloitte Tip-Off are on the board
- Waste collection bills submitted in the stores
- Hand over of the cheques to vendors as cheques are sometimes left in the store undelivered to Vendors
- Routinely check the register of the Security guards and their appearances.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve daily stock movement, P n L report as planned
- Turnaround time to posting Transactions on SAP
- Weekly ordering and stock forecasting
- Achieve timeline for administrative functions
- Timeliness and Accuracy of periodic report
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent.
- Experience in Food and beverage service is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role.
- Membership of the Hospitality Professional Certification – HORECAB, or any other relevant hospitality certification will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Inventory Management in Food and beverage service company
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in s resource allocation.
- Strong proficiency in MS i.e. use of Excel, Power Point and Word etc
- Timeliness in updating stock records and other documentation in store
- Timeliness in accuracy of invoice entry, GP and P n L Report
- Responsiveness of internal and external clients request.
- Ensure best customer services – effectively coordinating the activities between the back and front house in delivering superior quality or customer service
- Manage inventory, ERP and documentations such as invoices in stores
- Manage operational periodic reporting such as GP, daily stock movement, P n L reports etc.
- Manage budget and keep cost under control
- Job holder typically works 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, although this role may involve working overtime and weekends, if there is an influx of customers in assigned store
Contacts and Purpose of Contact:
Internal Contacts (most frequent contacts):
- Team members
- Shift Managers
- Field Trainers / Region Trainers / RSC Employees
- Restaurant Managers
- Stock Accountant
- Area Managers.
External Contacts (most frequent contacts):
- Service Providers / Vendors.
Purpose of Contact:
- Exchange or provide information
- Obtain, clarify, and discuss information
- Present, discuss information and problems
- Collaborate, negotiate and present ideas
- Deal with, influence or motivate subordinates
- Promote, justify or settle highly sensitive matters.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online