Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst – Sterling Alternative Finance
Job Type: Full-time
- To assess investments requests in line with regulatory standards; recommend for approval or rejection
- Identify inherent investment/credit, financial and business risk in facility requests and equity risk and moral hazard
- Investigate environmental factors that can influence investment/credit decisions and make recommendation to the Investment committee for Non-Interest Banking
- Recommend appropriate structure for Investment/credit facilities to ensure that the risk of investment/credit loss is properly mitigated including credit terms, security, and repayment terms
- Conduct analysis and appraisals of all investment request
- Conduct risk acceptance evaluation and assign risk rating in line with approved risk classification guidelines
- Recommend requests for approval/rejection
- Conduct equity investment analysis in accordance with Bank’s approved policies and procedures
- Ensure investment requests comply with Regulatory Guidelines
- First Degree in Finance-related field
- At least 4 years’ experience in equity transaction and Investment deals
Person Specification/Job Profile:
- The role calls for a person who displays patience, a friendly approach and enjoys working in structured situations, where hard work and consistent performance are important. Communication and the ability to persuade others in a thorough and factual manner are integral to this function
- The incumbent should have the persistence to see a job through to its conclusion and work within specific guidelines whilst adhering to rules and procedures.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online