Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Reform Facilitator
Locations: Jigawa, Kaduna and Kano
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports: to State Team Lead
Programme: Plane (Partnership For Learning For All In Nigerian)
Duration: 7 years
- The RF will provide strategic leadership for the state level engagement activities and effective management of reform research, design, implementation and monitoring for evidence based policy approaches to education within state governments. In addition, h/she will;
- Maintaining strategic relationships with state government counterparts and other relevant stakeholders, including, civil society, other reform programmes and development partners;
- Taking overall responsibility for operation and delivery of state activities;
- Managing work planning and budgeting of state activities;
- Ensuring efficient and effective use of resources while achieving best value for money in the commissioning of activities;
- Facilitating and delivering governance reform activities whilst ensuring governance reforms are owned and delivered by state government under their own agenda;
- Using a rapidly learning, flexible, responsive and adaptive approach to facilitating state governance reform;
- Facilitating possible issue-based approaches to resolving specific service delivery problems with a
- connection to governance as models for governance reform and improved service delivery;
- Facilitating a reform outreach, knowledge management, and knowledge market approach to
- supporting governance reform within Nigeria;
- Working with the knowledge management unit and ensuring cross learning within the states, through the identification of existing networks, and the development of new peer learning platforms and, locally-developed tools Implementing work plans and budgets;
- Overseeing monitoring of implementation and overseeing result tracking for state activities;
- Coordinating reform advisors, reform facilitators and short-term advisory support;
- Reporting to and liaising with to senior management serving as the primary focal point for state work.
- Contribute to engagement with stakeholders, as appropriate
- 4 – 6 years of experience in policy development and a strong track record of delivering results on complex multi-component programmes;
- A minimum of a University Degree
- Experience of leading successful reform interventions and evidence of good working relations with relevant state government agencies;
- An ability to manage relationships and a sound understanding of institutional change in complex environments;
- Extensive experience in Nigeria specifically working at state level;
- Cultural sensitivity and a good understanding of the education challenges of Nigeria and its dynamics;
- Experience in management of diverse teams and effective performance management;
- An excellent understanding of financial and technical delivery, monitoring and evaluation of programme impact and reporting against results;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop high quality written materials.
- Experience working in Nigeria specifically in Northern Nigeria
- Previous experience of conducting and commissioning research
- Strong facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills
- 5 years of experience of managing change in the public sector and a strong track record of delivering results on.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website: www.dai.com