Apply for State Project Coordinator at Deloitte Nigeria. Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a State Rural Access and Mobility Project (in collaboration with an International Development Agency) in charge of providing support for the implementation of the government’s Rural Travel and Transport Policy (RTTP) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Project Coordinator
Location: Owerri, Imo
- The State Project Coordinator is primarily responsible for ensuring that the State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU) functions and responsibilities are carried out and also accountable for the performance of the SPIU. Consequently, he will be saddled with the responsibility of the overall project progress by ensuring the realization of the Rural Access and Mobility Project-2 goals and objectives at the state level.
- The job holder will be accountable to the State Project Monitoring Committee(SPMC), appropriate levels of government ministries and primary stakeholders for project progress, problems and strategy.
- The position will be based in Owerri but may involve occasional travel to Abuja .
- Responsible for strategy, implementation and evaluation of impact and relevance of the project activities, regarding humanitarian needs in the area of intervention.
- Ensure that systems for public communication & access to information, including receipt of and responses to complaints and redress of grievances are established and functional.
- Draw-up annual work plans and ensure the implementation of the approved work plans.
- Ensure that the activities carried out in the project are in line with the objectives defined and the action plan.
- Keep a close collaboration and follow up with the entire state project team.
- Ensure there are sufficient and appropriate personnel with the right level of resources and other support needed for successful implementation of the project.
- Keep in touch with key stakeholders including state government officials, NGOs, national and international organizations, civil and military authorities, as well as with other relevant sections of the society in the project area.
- Negotiating collaboration and agreements between authorities at project level, always in coordination with SPMC.
- Develops and maintains a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks and all sites involved in the project.
- Coordinate meetings, including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct project post mortem and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Follow the AFD’s specific financing eligibility requirements (AFD’s legal and regulatory obligations with regard to procurement) for all the contracts co-financed by African Development Bank.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree/Higher National Diploma in civil Engineering or its equivalent.
- Candidate must be registered with COREN
- Possess a minimum of 15years of relevant post registration experience in road infrastructural development including 5 years experience in donor-funded projects, such as World Bank/African Development Bank or other external assisted projects.
- Alternatively, Candidate with a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in programme coordinating function including at least 3 years in donor funded (World Bank/African Development Bank or other externally assisted projects. Candidate with this experience must possess a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a Postgraduate course in relevant discipline.
- A very good knowledge of FIDIC contract management.
- Proven track record in infrastructural engineering/development and should have the ability to communicate and write effectively.
- Candidate must have relevant experience in project management and operation in the road infrastructure sector.
- Candidate must be computer literate and conversant with the use of standard software applications
- This opportunity provides competitive compensation for interested candidates with the right skill set, experience and qualification.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2021.