Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Programme Officer
Locations: Jigawa, Kaduna and Kano
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: State Team Lead
Programme: PLANE (Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria)
Duration: 7 years
- The Programme Officer will provide extra support to the Output Leads and Reform Facilitators in coordinating their involvement and inputs with the state. In addition, H/She will;
- Supporting the engagement with PLANE, in conjunction with the State Team Lead
- Oversee the implementation of program work plans across the state while ensuring the alignment of these activities to overall programme work plan and strategy;
- Support and enhance program networks across state and ensuring regular exchange of best practices;
- Contribute to PLANE’s monitoring, evaluation and learning processes, including sharing and disseminating lessons learnt; and
- Contribute to PLANE’s reporting and other engagement with stakeholders, in FCDO as appropriate.
- 3 – 6 years experience in project management and operations.
- A minimum of a First Degree.
- Previous experience managing programme for large multi-million-pound projects for FCDO and other donors.
- Build the capacity of the place teams to deliver on programme deliverables, reporting, financial management.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including strong reporting/presentation skills and familiarity with a wide range of IT applications
- Experience of contributing to complex programmes with international development agencies, FCDO is desirable;
- Experience of closely working with government departments at provincial and district level is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience of work in politically sensitive and volatile environments.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.