Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, Earth’s best employer, and Earth’s safest place to work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Startup Segment Leader, Sub Saharan Africa – AWS Startups
Job ID: 2080983
- As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a leader to own and scale out the startup customer segment in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA). The startup segment in Sub-Sharan Africa is experiencing non-linear growth.
- In this role, you will continue to accelerate this direction, building strategy through execution and inspirational leadership.
- You will manage a team of Account Managers and guide the wider cross-functional team.
- You will be adept at delivering growth in early stage companies who are making their initial IT decisions.
- You and your team will establish and maintain relationships within key customers, driving innovation and capabilities for startups across infrastructure and business application landscapes.
- You will build and develop a team who will execute on your strategy throughout Africa.
- You will develop talent in the Amazon mold who will continue to raise the bar.
- In this role, you will lead a team across Africa who influences customers to leverage AWS to power their business and technology outcomes.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing and entrepreneurial organization, bringing innovation and growing the adoption of cloud for some of the most innovative and entrepreneurial companies in the world.
- This role will require you to understand the unique needs of early stage entrepreneurs, startup founders and developers.
- You will be responsible for developing opportunity pipelines, evangelizing cloud computing, and driving revenue and user adoption for this important group of customers.
- You will be expected to build and execute scalable sales motions to acquire new customers.
- The position requires to move to Kenya in the future.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive revenue and market share of startups in Africa.
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive regional plan.
- Accelerate customer adoption.
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Manage contract negotiations.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Expect moderate travel
- BA / BS Degree required
- 10+ years of technology related sales
- 5+ years of sales management experience
- Proven track record building successful teams
- Deep insights into the startup ecosystem in Africa, main stakeholders and trends
- A long-term mindset that understands the importance of investing in and adding value to startups early in their lifecycle to earn their trust and loyalty before they become big companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Fluent in French
- Previous cloud expertise at a technology company
- Proven track record of building successful teams
- A technical background in engineering or computer science
- History of working with, selling to tech startups.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online