Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: SSA Cluster Franchise Governance Officer
Job Req ID: 21416400
Job Category: Compliance and Control
- The SSA Cluster Franchise Governance Officer is a key First Line of Defense role responsible for supporting the Cluster CAO with implementation of transformation initiatives, enhancing the risks and controls governance, franchise governance and business strategy implementation.
- Participate and/or coordinate implementation of assigned initiatives within the Transformation programs.
- Work closely with the CAO in supporting the Cluster Head develop and implement the business strategy for the cluster
- Support the CAO with strategic projects such as improving operational resilience, making risks and controls a strategic priority, growth initiatives, process re-engineering, and talent development.
- Support the Cluster CAO in performing governance oversight for country franchise and legal entity management
- Ensure that Cluster governance framework (Including HMCs) complies with requirements and committees are run in accordance to applicable charters. Review evidence of compliance & escalate instances of non-compliance. Recommend changes, simplifications and optimization of the governance at Cluster level
- Oversight BRCC governance in the cluster, lead the preparation of the cluster Significant Issues deck and highlight Cluster matters for escalation to the EM BRCC
- Oversight CCC governance in the cluster and ensure the standard maintained is in line with the Citi Governance Policy requirements
- Coordinate and maintain cluster inventory of charters, governance documents and reporting for the Cluster.
- Scorecards – review of source data providing update and follow up on red and amber items for the Cluster
- Support CAO in IFM/Franchise Management Coordination for the Cluster, if required
- Oversight Board Governance in the Cluster to ensure consistent standard
Risk and Controls:
- Oversight of activities related to GRC. Support to and coordinate FGO team during monitoring/testing activities, MCA, Control Performance Assessment and Quarterly and Annual Risk Assessments coordination (QRAs, ARAs)
- Oversight of SSA Issue Management, coordination of Escalations for SSA cluster and support of remediation efforts in conjunction with 2nd Line of defence and other partners
- Oversight of SSA Cluster Operational Risk controls, issues, remediation efforts and controls enhancements. Includes Data Governance
- Oversight third party management and coordinate lessons learnt reviews at cluster level
- Oversight and provide regular feedback to CAO on Compliance Risk controls, issues, remediation efforts and controls enhancements. Risk oversight, including AML, Sanctions, Conduct
- Oversight of cluster operational resilience activities, including continuity of business and cyber exercise, in conjunction with responsible teams
- Oversight the NPAC / PAP process, if required
- Oversight and best practices implementation of country scenario plan
- Oversight of ICAAP process in the cluster in conjunction with Risk and Business
- Audit Management & independent review coordination in conjunction with ICRM
- Manage assigned resources under the FGO structure within the CAO organization
- Subject matter expert for the cluster on Risk, Controls and Governance
- The position provides a very wide scope of activities and geographic coverage with frequent interaction with senior management of all product, coverage and functional lines.
- In addition to this exposure, the position provides learning opportunities for leadership across a diverse set of countries with a wide range of management challenges.
- At least 15 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry, preferably with experience in corporate governance, enterprise risk management, consulting, project management, compliance and/or legal
- Graduate Degree / Post-graduate Degree in Business Administration, Legal and/or Finance
- Up-to-date understanding of key risk management and corporate governance concepts
- General understanding of financial institutions framework and applicable regulation
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, including businesses, products and risk management processes. Citi-specific knowledge is a plus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.