9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Change and Asset Management
Job ID: IRC4350
Location: Lagos, NG
- This role is to provide a framework for identifying, planning, delivering and supporting IT services to the business leveraging on the best practices for Change & Release management processes, and Configuration Management
- Perform efficiently corporate cultural analysis and create change strategies that are flexible and adaptive.
- Facilitate the adoption of new or improved processes and/or procedures across the organization
- Responsible for ensuring all IT changes are delivered to meet business, technical, technological, schedule and budget objectives while creating and implementing change and release management plans that minimize business impacts and employee resistance and maximize efficiency and employee engagement
- Organize meetings of Change Control Board (CCB) and Publish meeting minutes Planning Changes and Releases and publish Forward Schedule of Changes Tracking the build process for Changes to ensure all tasks are completed
- Maintains Continuous Process Improvement on a regular basis to develop, document and publish Change Management standards, Change Management plans and procedures, ensuring that these documents are updated as and when appropriate
- Perform detailed impact analyses and scenarios; make or implement recommendations to mitigate change risk and business impact.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Develop methodologies/processes that support the monitoring of change control successes in areas targeted for improvement.
- Develop timeframes for process changes in order to support company objectives and business goals.
- Assist with defining the unit’s work plans, policies, procedures and the overall governance framework intended to facilitate achievement of agreed service levels.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to change and release management.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in developing and implementing configuration management procedures.
- Responsible for developing, updating, and maintaining the Configuration Management database.
- Identify the configuration Items and the relationship between CIs and the IT services and applications
- Ensure data quality, integrity and security in Configuration Management database.
- Schedule regular audits on the CM database and assist in implementing audit recommendations.
- Provide support to management in conducting configuration meetings and maintaining project schedules.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Investigate and deploy software tools that track and support change management, as well as requests for change.
- Provide input into the service continuity planning process and support plan implementation for the functional units within IT Service Management
- Work with other stakeholders to create a business readiness plan and coordinate project transition to production
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Manager, IT Change, Configuration and Asset Management
- Monitor and measure the success/failure rate of all Change requests implementation
- Ensuring that appropriate the IT Service Asset & Configuration Management and IT Change& Release Management process documentation is available and up to date
- Periodically auditing the Change and Release management process and Configuration Management process to ensure compliance to IT Service Assets & Configuration and IT Change & Release Management policies, process and procedures
- Tracking issues with the running of the IT Service Asset & Configuration Management and IT Change & Release Management process
- Monitor trends in utilization of asset and configuration items and collaborate with IT Capacity Management function to ensure adequacy of IT assets and configuration items to meet set target service levels
- Identify, control, record, report, audit and verify service assets and configuration items, including versions, baselines, constituent components, their attributes and relationships.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports related to change and release operations and activities
- Develop first drafts of release schedules for all new IT systems within EMTs.
- Monitor release dates and ensures adherence to defined schedules.
- Establish and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage Audit/Regulatory exceptions relating to Change and Release Management function
- Manage the Internal process and parameter to achieve the set target for KPI below:
- % of unauthorized implemented changes
- Number of changes that cause P1 and P2 incidents
- % of unplanned outage/unavailability due to changes
- Customer satisfaction ratings
- First Degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other discipline with strong Information Systems component and/or relevant IT Service Management certification.
- Postgraduate /Professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum requisite experience – 5 years relevant experience with at least 2 years within a technology-intensive environment (Financial Services, Telecommunications, etc.).
- A thorough understanding of ITIL and experience with implementing ITIL methodologies into an organization. ITIL Foundation Qualifications mandatory; experience with Change and Release Management Teams.
- Excellent motivation and people skills and proven ability to engage others. Conflict resolution and customer service experience.
- Deadline-driven detail-oriented focus on continuous improvement Team player, works well across functions and levels High integrity and business ethics.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online