Software Tester at Softcom Limited: Softcom was established in 2007 with a mission to “connect people and businesses with meaningful innovation”. A technology company which aims to solve problems that will connect people and businesses to value that ultimately improves their lives. We want our products to enable inclusion and growth for people and businesses in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Tester
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- As a Senior Software Tester, you will primarily work in Product teams with Software Developers, Designers and Product Managers to accelerate the delivery of quality Software Products.
- Your work would include thoroughly evaluating test objects such as web applications, APIs, Mobile Applications and hardware devices to determine its level of quality and to prevent immature products and features from being deployed.
- You will be a pivotal contributor to delivering quality software products that are critical to helping Softcom achieve its goals as an organization.
As a Software Tester, a typical day might include the following:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify test scenarios, correlate them to business requirements, and report on test coverage.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Test integration of local and cloud components
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Prioritize defects accurately based on impact on business goals
- Perform API tests using Postman
- Perform non-functional tests such as performance when the need arises.
- Prepare frequent status reports and updates with stakeholders
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Basic familiarity with DevOps concepts
- Develop a wide-range of SQL queries on relational database systems such as SQL Server
- Assist other projects as directed by the Test Lead, or QA Manager
- Passion for quality, detail oriented, and know how to break software by finding bugs
You’d be a good fit if you:
- Are very curious, critical and thorough
- Love finding bugs
- Have innate passion to solve problems
- A drive to stay engaged, learn and level-up quickly
- A passion for helping and contributing to a growing development team
- Knowledgeable in tools that can assist QA process and automation
- Experience in planning, designing and executing tests
- Solid understanding of SDLC and Software QA processes
- A minimum of 3 years’ Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools e.g Selenium, Appium, Cypress
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with API Testing tools
- Experience with CI/CD tools is a plus
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online