Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineering Lead – Windows and Devices
Job Number: 1184936
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: People Manager
Travel: 0 – 25%
- Across Microsoft, we’re accelerating progress to a more sustainable future with ambitious goals such as becoming carbon negative by 2030 and removing all carbon the company has emitted from the atmosphere by 2050.
- The Windows and Devices organization has a significant role to play here given the carbon emissions associated with manufacturing new PCs and the energy consumed by our large (over one Billion) and growing user base.
- Does the thought of producing code that supports over 1 billion users positively inspire you?
- Are you excited by the thought of delivering top notch, quality user experiences that delight users?
- Are you an engineer looking to tackle hard problems using big data and machine learning?
- Are you interested in the challenges of building large-scale, highly available services?
- If you answered in the affirmative to any or all of these, then this role might just be for you.
- We’re looking for a manager with experience managing software engineers to join our sustainability efforts in the Windows and Devices organization.
- In this role, the ideal candidate will lead a team of engineers who design, write, ship and motivate the creation of engineering and data products that optimize the energy emissions from the 1B+ Windows user base.
- The ideal candidate will forge partnerships with others across the engineering and program management disciplines, and with our insider ecosystem to drive improvements into the release of Windows.
- Finally, as a senior member of the team, the right candidate will have the opportunity to take on technical leadership roles and drive scenarios across teams, mentor and foster younger, less experienced engineers, and create and maintain a culture and environment that engenders diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of relevant industry software design and development experience working with a major programming/scripting language (C++, C#, Java, Python).
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience of being a people manager / team leader.
- Strong design, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences.
- Ability to resolve ambiguities effectively, prioritize and drive projects to completion, prioritize between multiple needs and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated history of promoting engineering excellence within a team; design for reliability, testing, measurement, and understanding of the complete software lifecycle.
- Attention to detail; passion for great design.
- Obsession for great end user experiences and outcomes.
- Ability to grow and maintain organizational and interpersonal relationships.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online