Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer – Windows, Developers & Experiences (WDX)
Job Number: 1259738
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0-25 %
- The Windows, Developers & Experiences (WDX) team, a part of the Windows + Devices (W+D) engineering organization, is looking for a Software Engineer to partner with us to build and ship the next generation version of Windows that will touch the lives of 1 Billion+ users worldwide! Help us build modern, intuitive, iconic, reliable and delightful user experiences that will propel Windows into the 2020’s.
- We are looking for data-driven and customer-obsessed engineers who like the challenge of working on features that span the entire development stack across the Windows OS, applications and devices and form factors that run the Windows OS, join us to define and deliver the next generation of Windows and the future of how humans experience computing.
- You will play a key role in open-ended explorations, prototyping and influencing business opportunities for current and future customers of Windows. We’re looking for collaborative engineers to bring their passion, drive and technical skills to help us accomplish these goals.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for designing and implementing features on time and with high quality
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews with your team
- Collaborate with senior members and peers across disciplines (PM, Design, Data and Applied Science) to deliver your work
- Contribute towards building a positive culture on the team that aligns with Microsoft’s values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field would be an advantage
- 1 – 3+ years of experience building software and applications
- Passion, interest and optionally experience in building engineering systems
- A strong desire to learn new skills and tools related to ensuring our products ship with quality
- Strong problem solving, analysis, collaboration and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.